The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

BcD
Big Bacs
BacBuffins
BcBlurry

1 Like

so you’re assuming clone production will stop then…? just in the synth space or throughout all their product lines?

1 Like

no idea if they stop completely, but assuming they start channeling their funds into new and “untested” territories with original products it would require to hit pause at least, just so they can spend more on original stuff.

Or they have enough clones in the pipe they figure will FUND their new projects.

Using the innovation of others to fund their new projects I guess.

edited find to fund

2 Likes

@Anfim In fact, nothing would be better. More than anyone else, Behringer have the development resources, experience, marketing power and production facilities to fill the world with glorious, innovative, quality musical instruments. Which of course makes their behaviour all the more frustrating to watch.

(Edit: duplicate post)

2 Likes

One very direct proof that Behringer understands what people are seeking is that the Pro-800 ( thread ) has very quickly moved to exceed 50,000 sales.

Listening.

( Source: Their Facebook page today. )

1 Like

I didn’t write or imply they weren’t listening, but I should’ve been more precise and added «instruments that aren’t clones of other people’s work».

I refer to my previous post.

apparently Behringer mad at Loopop and he has something to say about it…

12 Likes

I bought their Audio interface years ago solely because I was broke and needed one to continue the radio show I was doing.
Think I need a new one.

Why are they acting like they do in media? This is not even rage marketing or whatever.

they really need a new PR manager :laughing:

1 Like

who’s canceling who where?

Boycotting or not buying someones products is free market 101.

2 Likes

free is not a word since 2001.

They did bail your ass out before, also they bench mark the synth market prices.

That’s what I’m baffled with. Who is the target audience for this?

theyve been taking jabs at synthfluencers, i imagine the loopop comment was a throw away comment that was in line with their current “dont listen to synthfluencers” angle.

the internet really fuels the most pathetic discourse. unsurprisingly, all the synthfluencers who dont talk about behringer’s stuff, are talking about behringer again. seems like their facebook person kinda knows what they are doing.

1 Like

To me, it’s a good reminder why I boycott B and how they haven’t changed.

9 Likes

It’s very sad to see such a TMZ gossip rag type of dynamic present in the synth world. In practice, I feel like making instruments affordable, even clones, allows more people without wealth or influence able to obtain them and make music.

But as a company, in practice, if your standpoint is that you feel vindicated in all behaviors at all times and blame everyone but yourself for people’s reactions or blame free market press (loopop or other) for not wanting to work with you, then it brings you to a level of a company/person I wouldn’t want to work with even if it’s just buying your affordable instruments.

13 Likes

im sure that will be the outcome for some people, others may be reminded that behringer is around and may see all the new synths they are releasing. if theyre not fudging the preorders for the pro vs mini, the boycott hasnt hurt them much.

however im totally in the same boat that this kind of behavior is incredibly obnoxious. sucks that it works so well though.

1 Like

dang, you all trying shame me for owning my 1979 Hondo Les Paul clone? :rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking of picking up a RD-8 but having read about that Loopop incident and their other behaviour and then remembering I had a Behringer mixing desk years back which was a bag of shit I don’t think I’ll bother.