The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

No apology require. You’ve explained the situation very well. They do seem to listen to some of the suggestions that are made in response to the ‘what do you things about this item’ posts and announcements and those announcements themselves will spark conversation and debate. Same as the progress reports; it’s nice to know something is in the pipeline even if it is held up.

Progress photo of the RS-9. They also have a picture of the circuit board too.

They’ve made some changes, and are still taking input, and are testing this prototype.

4 Likes

They must be doing drum modules then @Jukka from the RD-9. I already have the Erica Synths Drum Sequencer and the modules but I’d build a Behringer Drum rig for taking out with me if it all comes to light.
Thanks for posting, any idea on pricing of this?

2 Likes

Their target is $149 USD, so enough that you know they’re for real about this, but still affordable if it is something you want

1 Like

That’s cheap and absolutely I’ll get one for sure. It’ll come in handy for travelling so I can leave the premium stuff at home :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A working image of the Behringer Polykobol they’re trying to develop.

They are reporting good progress with this very rare synth, have done the analysis and have bread boarded a two voice equivalent with working front panel. But this one, along with the CS-80 that they are working on, are complex machines, so there is risk to these projects with no guarantees of completion.

I’m liking the controls on this, and if it comes in for a reasonable cost, it would be great to play.

If it sounds like the original, it will be one to watch for. You can listen to the original synth in this video.

4 Likes

I think this is an even better demo:

4 Likes

Found that looking for Hirotribe updates

4 Likes

Amazing sound.

What is this a miniclone of?

EMS Synthi AKS

1 Like

Hmmm

1 Like

about 4 different retro or synth accounts have shared this photo in the last few weeks, seems to just be making the rounds imo. I think B is planning on making a 6op synth but I don’t think they even have a mockup yet

@sabana has wisely started a Model 15 thread, with the new video from Behringer.

Early post here with detail on the Model 15.

Our LM DRUM final prototype is ready for testing. We’re super excited about this machine. What do you think?

8 Likes

Trolololo :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I think I want it.

1 Like

Behringer should send me one so I don’t have to buy it.

The screen is ridiculously too close to an Elektron product,
you really do not know how to devote just two hours to do something for you from time to time? I’m not primary anti-B, I even have a product from you.I don’t mind cloning old machines like many others do.The swing or that kind of screen detail is really tiring, it completely cuts me off from even trying.

In my opinion, the white-edged buttons that you used here and on other boxes are not very elegant and create a wobbly feeling on the general interface which is reminiscent of an old era.

It appears to be the same multi FX they’re using in their mixers (I own one). Those effects are pretty bland to be fair. But then again, a lot of the spin fv-1 based modular effects are pretty bland too. So, as far as cheap multi effect modules goes, this could be a good choice for some.