Behringer Jam I think.
Can’t wait for Behringer Butter and Behringer Toast.
A mini mixer / usb power hub and moveable magnifying glass ( like those on soldering stations ) … like something out of the movie Brazil.
You sir have won the internet for today.
This is getting deep. True though, they might be going for this. Or it might be that we’re giving them too much credit. Time will tell.
Any hole’s a goal.
From their Facebook page :
The Model 15 semi-modular synthesizer is based on the legacy “Model 15/35/55” circuitry but with some added features.
Analog Semi-Modular Synthesizer with Dual VCOs, VCF, Sequencer and Arpeggiator in Eurorack Format
- Analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic recreation of circuits from the legendary “Model 15/35/55” modular synthesizer
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Dual oscillators with 4 waveforms, oscillator sync, pulse width modulation and sub-oscillator
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Advanced step sequencer with 3 separate 256-step memory slots, key transpose and multiple playback modes
- Arpeggiator featuring hold function and multiple playback modes for recording and playing back your melodies and riffs
- Fully analog LFO with 4 waveforms and dedicated controls for pitch, filter and pulse width modulation
- Spring reverb emulation for inspiring sound effects
- 48 patch points for advanced modular connection and integration with external equipment
- 37 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- $299 USD
with added features - lovely.
sequencer. spring reverb.
that looks tempting
Seems they took some colors of the grandmother.
I really hoped for a grandmother desktop
Am I the only one that’s kind of “meh” about all these reveals… in all honesty how many synths can one company rehash in the same format? I get that you want to diversify your platform but at some point it just feels like maybe you should cool it a bit…
Ooh look another semi modular synth but this time cloned from “insert synth”
Ooh look a “polyphonic” semi modular synth cloned after “insert synth”… and so on
Yeah I’m with you. It’s cool that for $1000 you can buy like 10 synths that will probably sound pretty good. But I feel they are going too far.
You for sure are not the only one to feel this way, MichaalHell.
So many announcements, so many choices, of stuff you can’t order.
On the other hand …
I think all these new announcements are far less compelling because there are no audio demos.
Surely they have demo units which produce sound?
They say in their comments that they are doing videos, and that there is time for that. Several people asked them this.
Kind of weird to launch a synth without including how it sounds.
The Model 15 should be a little easier for them to do, in that it is using the circuitry and parts from Eurorack modules that they’re already manufacturing and selling. It is more difficult than just repackaging those modules, but manufacture of this one is still something more in reach to accomplish.
They also currently manufacture and sell their 2500 Eurorack modules. In the Facebook comments they say they are thinking about a 2500 semi-modular similar to this Model 15.
Sure, but it’s Behringer. Think of it more as an announcement rather than a launch. All this stuff is many months away.
I own only one other Behringer in this form factor (Neutron) and I thought Proton would be number 2… This might bump the Proton to #3.
Behringer should make a keyboard dock for these, a cross between Roland’s Boutique keyboard and Waldorf’s KB37.
This sort of thing was suggested in the Facebook comments for the Model 15. This guy was thinking more of a 2600 sort of thing. Notice how Behringer responded.
Paul Grace :
To go with all these products…Howabout making a neat flight case 49 note keyboard/eurorack case …
Paul Grace great idea.
Fortunately this sort of thing isn’t enormously difficult nor expensive to DIY.
I think I saw the image for that aswell. Not sure if it was from an official source or not.