The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

I thought the display was a copy/paste job, for prototype imaging purposes. :man_shrugging:

(This might have come across as trolly, which wasn’t my intention… Let’s all be nice to one another, mmkay?)

2 Likes

Ahhh, the plagiarism continues…

2 Likes

It’s not close. It’s identical.

They’re just trolling you. Take a look at buttons and knobs. They aren’t meant for this user interface.

3 Likes

No -/+ on the Tune knob though. Used the old DT OS gui, the sillybillys.

1 Like

Are we going to call it BinDrum?

3 Likes

A photo of the original for comparison.

You load new samples via USB.

I guess the display is LCD with an Amber backlight. OLED might be better, but this will work. They have added more controls to the front panel. And from the text on the front you can choose 8 or 12 bit ?

Good they have all those individual outs like on the Linn Drum.

Syntakt XT

these graphics tho and I guess the faders are also modulators and a multi control surface, this a+b (labeled “left/right”) design on 16 different faders could be a great way for multiple scenes, really fading thru the instruments with like 8 fingers down.

🥹

i wonder how the encoders / sliders map to the parameters on the display.
as its got cursor keys , i hope its not moving a cursor around to change it.

the encoder arrangement on elektron boxes… and how they match the screen has been a very good long running UI/control method.

personally i’d prefer a modern box/overlay for what is basically a 12bit multi output sample based drum machine. i dont care about LM/Ye Olde historic stuff and horrible brown lines and font… just call it a proper behringer name .

even the positions of the graphics are absolutely identical to a Digitakt for instance

It’s just a shell. There’s a Digitakt underneath.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

From Behringer’s Facebook page:

Want to hear the raw power of the UB-Xa? Then look no further! :loud_sound:
UB-Xa Beta Tester ‘Synth King’ has put together an awesome sound only demo. No external effects/processing, just pure 16 voices of UB-Xa :musical_keyboard:

1 Like

i thought i had seen a desktop mockup of this at one point as well. do we know if that’s still in the offing or just keyboard only now?

They did start the design with the desktop version. I don’t know absolutely, but think it is highly likely there will be a desktop version at some point, with fewer voices and a much lower price. I’m judging by what they done with other products and are doing.

The fact that this is a poly-aftertouch keyboard, is a really good sign for their DS-80, as well as perhaps their big keyboards like the Jupiter, Polykobol and others.

3 Likes

yeah even 8 of those voices in a desktop at $700-800 would definitely capture my attention

2 Likes

There’s still no firm release date on the BCR32 thingy, is there?

I haven’t seen any news on one

Seriously a Linndrum! I’ve wanted one for years but baulked at the price. OMG!!

Yeah, there is even a thread for it.

BTW, the controversy on the LM-Drum screen is old, read more about it and comment about it over in that thread.

3 Likes

I get what you mean but maybe this specific one could at least be rationalised as evolving from this era (this is an old V-Verb from 2009)?

5 Likes

Here it is a cousin, the others are twin brothers.
:family_woman_boy_boy:

2 Likes