The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

Based on the text description I think they’ve sampled the original synths but using the behringer prototypes as a way to market it… perhaps their market are more familiar with ‘new unreleased synths’ and not ye olde versions.

1 Like

I strongly believe in the future there will be only a few synth manufacturers. Like Amazon, Behringer are pricing everyone else out of the market.

Ah yeah I missed that bit of the blurb. Strange angle for a sound pack :joy:

2 Likes

Already posted?

I’ve been pretty impressed with their guitar pedals to be honest. The new ones are in another league build quality wise, but even their cheap Super Fuzz, which is highly recommended by JHS, is really impressive. I love the boost mode on that one.

1 Like

That is such a weird headline. Like the Chorus Ensemble is some totally obscure pedal made by some company that folded in the 70s and the only person who’s ever used it is Frusciante.

Edit, added: But I also have the Behringer Super Fuzz and think it’s great. I also have the TC June 60 chorus V2. I have no idea how “authentic” it is, but I think it’s a very nice chorus pedal, especially in stereo.

1 Like

Not sure anything RHC related interests me any more than yet another chorus pedal.
But I guess it’s popular enough to make it yet again.
Even the stuff I make isn’t much interest to me. :joy:

I think demand will collapse before the industry does. Seems more likely that all the sequencers(people not hardware) will move on eventually but the players will remain. I think eventually hardware will fall out of fashion again and only the hardcore will remain.

2 Likes

I could see that as well. One things for certain that last time hardware fell out of fashion you couldnt give the gear away. I dont think it will be that ruthless. Could be wrong though.

1 Like

Enormous topic. Hard to miss. The often discussed future of the electronic music industry while interesting, is clearly off topic here.

Behringer Gear in Progress.

1 Like

Ooh, I’d beg to differ! I loved mine until the key scanning went funky. It can cover a few bases and sounds lovely as well as being simple to use and understand imo. Didn’t it have an OTA filter rather than a ladder? Or did I imagine that?

1 Like

isnt it the same as the free cherry audio vst ?
it seems fine if basic compared to many many hardware/softsynths…

So the review in Reverb, says 24 dB ladder filter. Interestingly there is both a high note priority, two oscillator monophonic voice, combined with a polyphonic “organ sound” square wave, that you can adjust in the mixer and send to the filter, so it is paraphonic.

Simple but for the time different and popular enough, certainly at the price. The review says Peter Gabriel used it.

I wouldn’t think this should be a priority for Behringer, but this might also be a big enough draw, that perhaps Behringer should give it a go, if they ever have manufacturing bandwidth to burn.

Moog History Sidelight

After making this for Radio Shack for 18 months, Moog stopped and changed it around to make the Moog Rogue, stripping out the polyphony, and adding wheels.

The Concertmate, has all sorts of mods, as the article points out. Making it semi-modular could have uses too.

1 Like

Behringer has completed the engineering development through to a final prototype of the “Wave” ( they dropped the PPG in the name ) and it is now going out to beta testers. They put pictures on their FB page.

Recreating the sound caused them some difficulty along the way, but they feel that they “nailed it”. We’ll see soon enough.

ADDED : Oh and they are still working with Hermann Seib on this, which will help too.

VCS3 synth clone

2 Likes

That’s 23days old news … we’ve moved on since then :crazy_face:

I’m in the market for a 61 key midi controller with AT and this looks awesome, but I can’t take three years of waiting. Hope they go through with it

3 Likes

The BOD-400 Bass Overdrive sounds amazing on synth. I use it on my Crave and as a send Effect on individual bass patch tracks on my A4.

It’s low and high eq controls are surprisingly noticeable and great and the overdrive is a perfect smooth, compressed, thick saturation

I love it on 808 style patches and mono synths in general. The low end is insane, not what I was expecting from a Behringer pedal. But I have liked every Behringer monosynth I’ve owned too

1 Like

What, no cv?

We need a second thread that lists things that actually get released. What’s the opposite of vaporware?
Edit: to be clear, not hating on Behringer. It’s just hard to keep up with so many announcements, and keep them straight with things that actually get released

2 Likes

You’re right SanktDavid. With the size of company that Behringer is becoming means the list of products is overwhelming. No fault on becoming big though.

Behringer’s open design process, along with the worldwide delays on certain electronic parts does add to this difficulty. There are Behringer products discussed here in stages from “what do you think ideas”, to products very early in development that they say they will make, to products that are extremely close to complete and need parts to begin manufacture, to products that have been manufactured and sold, but are at the moment not available, … and probably other states.

But just yesterday Behringer made clear on their Facebook page, that everything they have promise to make, will be made eventually, so there is no vaporware in the regular sense of that word.

Others can doubt Behringer’s intent with this if they want, but i don’t. It’s very expensive to develop a product, just to scrap it.

There is also that a moderator, in response to someone who has complained nearly the most, took down several separate threads and dumped them all into this thread. One in particular, the VCS3 thread was perhaps the biggest loss. So there are restrictions in this forum for starting threads that involve Behringer products in development.

We also at times discuss stuff that is currently being made, that has a thread, and is for sale, and also get into detail on the original product that Behringer is modelling. I try to “direct traffic” with those, but it is difficult, and we collective need to be responsible.

Behringer needs a scorecard list, like in Baseball or Football, with all the players, which team they play for, their current status, and other detail.

The teams are like Pedals, Eurorack, Keyboards, Desktop Modules, etc. Behringer has a Micro, and a Mini line, and they are also developing a new line that we have not discussed here yet called the Macro line. And then there are all the other non-synth electronic music products that they make.

Apologies for this post being long, and this thread being large. It’s a big topic, so we do what we can do. All these options.

4 Likes