Taiga from Pittsburgh Modular

Taiga

To be announced January 31st. Paraphonic modular synth of some sort. Moderately expensive, but likely a good value. A couple of those playful videos.

Not a ton of information in this SynthAnatomy article.

Skip ahead to actual announcement.

9 Likes

I’ll take this chance to say, if you ever visit Pittsburgh. Go to the Carnegie Library in Oakland. The music department has an entire Pittsburgh Modular case there, alongside other synths and drum machines.

14 Likes

I like this video too

3 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to see what they’ve cooked up now!

I had forgotten about the Voltage Research Laboratory.
They have quite a list of discontinued products.

2 Likes

Herman Pearl, aka Soy Sos, a close music associate of Pittsburgh Modular and Richard’s streaming partner, said: “if you dig the microvolt 3900, wait till you see the Taiga.”

Sold!

4 Likes

I’m so excited!! It doesn’t quite as angry as the microvolt, but much more grand, like a cs80 almost, mixed with a microvolt. I’m curious… I will probably go for this… I would have to sell my microvolt, but if it’s all that it will be worth it.

Definitely intrigued. The microvolt is one of those synths I always wished I’d tried.

1 Like

Microvolt is so cool! Excited to see what they announce…

On further review of our finances with my wife… I will just have to be happy with the microvolt…lol.

Still excited for others though!! Microvolt is a beast!!

Get ready for the graphic on the front panel like on the East Beast and the West Pest. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

This video is less interesting, but i think the implication here is that Taiga is a combination of both an additive and subtractive approach.

This one has even less content, but it’s definitely a fun listen. Taiga sounds good.

2 Likes

Then get a Primanti

Great city.

I’m not in the market for a single-voice or semi-mod but I am excited to see what they’ve come up with. Their full-featured packages are always well-thought out and sound wonderful.

4 Likes

Yinz gahtta guh dahn tuh permannis

3 Likes

I’ve swithered about getting a MicroVolt3900 a number of times over the years but I think I missed the boat as far as getting one at a reasonable price is concerned… I’m doing NGNY but I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on this one as a celebratory purchase for having got through the year with a better bank balance and having gone deeper with existing stuffs.

2 Likes

They just like creating videos, don’t they? :grin:

3 Likes

Lmao ahhh that’s why I can never spell it correctly.

They do. Another one. No new information really, but it does sound good !

Perhaps that’s the message — “it is easy to make it sound good.”

3 Likes

The preview image for the new video does seem to contain a diagram and partial look at the synth:

4 Likes