Taiga from Pittsburgh Modular

I like semi-modulars. Looks like there are plenty of connections, and they decided to put them across the top. ( or is that the bottom ?)

Maybe the tree logo, rather than the monster on the front panel ?

I think itā€™s the bottom - like the Voltage Research Lab
(assuming this is the front panel)

2 Likes

Hyyyyypeculation

That looks full-voice, 3U to me.

I expect the points on the bottom: typical two tune knobs - big ass filter knob - VCA/mixer pathway. Plus isnā€™t the case cut that way?

1 Like

Gotta hit it with the thicccc Pittsburgh accent.

1 Like

That land of the yeti midnight movie wavy video teaser shtick is starting to get on my nerves.

1 Like

Lifeforms Voltage Lab

Voltage Research Laboratory

3 Likes

At least itā€™s not in Latin

5 Likes

That would be fun :grinning:. This synth is pure infarctus!

But can it do balalaika?

I still regret not getting a full voltage labā€¦ that will be one off my biggest regrets in lifeā€¦lol.

2 Likes

Not your fault. They literally didnt make enough, and they admitted it. Id buy one too if they were available. But no, theyā€™re making some new thing.

1 Like

Handily, they are apparently making a lot more Taigas this time around (source, who does a lot of livestreams with Richard Nichols of Pittsburgh Modular)

2 Likes

Yes but the voltage lab was specialā€¦ Iā€™m sure this will be coolā€¦ Really coolā€¦ but so is my microvolt. What I really want from them is a no compromise synth for experimentation with a capacitive keyboard that is crazyā€¦ I want something that would hurt to buy, but worth it, with lpgā€™s and crazy additive circuitsā€¦ basically I missed the boatā€¦ anything under a grand from them is just gonna have compromises, which thatā€™s cool, but I want a beastā€¦ Iā€™m secretly hoping they will do a reissue, that I would buy.

Yeah. I want them to make more VRLs.

Third in the animated series for Taiga. This one has a sad ending.

A good listen though, again.

1 Like

ā€œDo you think itā€™s time to do something new?ā€

Yeah, time to get some acting classesā€¦ :slight_smile:

more Taiga!

some details from the chat:
60HP
Eurorack compatible
comes in a case w/cables

additional info:
VRL2 = 180hp (yikes!)

3 Likes