Syntakt standalone music

You know, I’m actually warming up to them a bit… now I’m not trying to make them sound like a 909 :sweat_smile:

This is awesome, very early Chemical Brothers vibe!

1 Like

:raised_hands:

this is shockingly good - great work.

if you don’t mind me asking ,which machine type is doing the main, low drone that underpins everything ? Looks like it’s not on a DVCO track, so it must be a digital machine ? Gnarly as hell. brilliant stuff.

Yes, Industrial - awesome!

Oh, and what is the first sound of the melodic motif that sounds like someone is hitting a pan (0:05)? Is it SY TOYS?

Edit: And the sound at 0:51, how is that done? Sorry, I actually try to get something like that out of my Syntakt for a while now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks! I will take a look at what I did and remind myself :slight_smile: I know the sound at 0:51 is using the LFO set to 2K and max oscillating something-or-other, but I can’t quite remember what…

1 Like

Thanks!

Most of the droning digital synths are Bits, I think one of them is a Chords machine, but the first two drones plus the deep drone are all Bits - so that’s the machine which underpins basically the whole thing.

1 Like

Cheers. Fantastic stuff.

I turned this pattern into a full (albeit short) track :smiley:

43 Likes

FNK!

All syntakt - some slight limiting in DAW
Stereo in to DAW via Overbridge

11 Likes

Yep - the first sound is just the toy - and honestly there isn’t too much that’s special going on there, just picking some pitches that work well with the sound, and a small eq boost at around 1k.

The other sound is dual Vco with the lfo at 2k modulating the sync cfg, along with a band pass filter. It’s not a tuneable sound. I’ll happily upload the project file if it’s useful to you.

Oh and everything cranked through the drive with overdrive turned up.

1 Like

Nice!

Thank you! I just love such metallic sounds.

… can’t say no to a project file for this thread :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! :totes:

Long arse drone.

Ran it through the Enhancement circuit on heat, but real subtle with a bit of EQ.

18 Likes

Dang I’m in love with that! I wanna be a master of these machines like you!

Finally got my Syntakt before the weekend so I had some time to play around. Really enjoying the immediacy of it so far but I need some practice on live performing.

This is the first track that I put together on it recorded in one take:

9 Likes

Very minimal compression, limiting. This box sounds really good.

12 Likes

I have a couple of gigs next month. I’m just thinking about going on stage with the Syntakt. :smiley:

13 Likes

This is amazing!

I love your style, just subscribed.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: