Syntakt standalone music

Played around with the chord machine for the arp and lead sounds. This is a normalized stereo recording straight from the Syntakt, no post processing. I’m impressed by how polished the Syntakt sounds straight out of the box!

28 Likes

nice :fire:

1 Like

a drum machine they call it. Good work man.

1 Like

I’ve been experimenting and exploring west coast synthesis sound design and generative sequences on the Syntakt today.

31 Likes

I turned this sketch into a full track:

27 Likes

Damn dude. Super dope.

1 Like

This makes me want to throw my modular gear out the window.

2 Likes

So many awesome sounds and beats in this thread it’s unreal - this box is something abit special.

I usually go into my studio maybe once every other week but with this thing it’s been glued to my lap for days now, every other night on the couch or sitting in the garden, my hearing is getting fucked, but it’s ace! The 12tracks just lets me progressively layer away to my hearts content - happy days.

17 Likes

I’m stoked you got a Syntakt! I really enjoy your youtube channel.
this is excellent!

3 Likes

LOL! the thought crossed my mind, but I love modular synths too much. Modular patch programing does translate well to elektron boxes. the Digitone being the closest to a modular synth in a box… it’s just not marketed as that.

2 Likes

I’ve heard this said about the Analog 4 as well… Not sure I agree with the analogy in either case.

EDIT: Maybe Machinedrum with it’s freely assignable LFOs, but I’ve never played one so…

It depends on your perspective and imagination.
Like for instance, the Digitone has oscillators, wave shapers, modulation that can be configured in an infinite amount of ways, there aren’t any patch cables but patch programing with cables or connecting functions via a menu is still the same synth language.
just sharing my perspective on a fourm… and yes the Machinedrum is modular in nature as well. btw the Digitone has assignable lfo’s as well… just not as many as the MD

4 Likes

My first effort on my new Syntakt, playing with the peak filter plus the analog fx bandpass to get some pretty nice resonant techno sounds (I think using SY Tone as the source? Can’t remember!). Arrangement is nothing earth shattering, just wanted to get something recorded.

Have only spent half an hour or so with it but I’m impressed, I had the model:cycles and found it was actually the most productive Elektron box in terms of amount of patterns made, but always felt held back by the lack of filters, LFOs etc. and didn’t love the build and interface… so having those sounds in Digi format plus some analog drums is pretty awesome. I’m impressed with how much extra versatility the analog fx block gives too.

As others have said, a simple sampled drum machine would be cool. Sometimes you just want a 909 open hi hat and nothing else will do!

10 Likes

Syntakt generative buchla-esque inspired by @Voltagectrlr 's recent video

Only additional effect is parallel stereo Vulf Compressor on the master

10 Likes

Plinky Plonky Diaries
Episode 6

Not finding much time for music at the moment so when I do steal some Synthtakt time I’m falling into old habits of cheesy synth melodies and simplicity. This one is also a little rough around the edges but I’m not trying to win any chuffing prizes here just trying to keep the ball rolling and be semi productive.

100% still need to get out of my comfort zone with ST. Still fun arsing about with some simple synth vibes though.

10 Likes

Come one, this is a cute track.

1 Like

This sounds awesome! Thanks for the shoutout!
I’m working on a tutorial video to share some of my Syntakt Buchlish sound design patches.

4 Likes

This is not mine, but I thought it should be shared here …

11 Likes

also not mine, but should be shared here … a short and stylish 1 minute demo.

:sunglasses:

10 Likes

Look forward to that :slight_smile: