Superbooth 21

Nice… I still dreaming about techno monster from moog - 4x Dfam but with programable p-locks, memory and analog reverb / delay. Like Daddy’s Drumer : )

4 Likes

I would certainly like to see more from them, like that Spectravox!

Of course, they have done big displays in the past when no new products were announced. It could just be an advertisement for them, getting some fresh exposure this year since NAMM was canceled, and to help with their recent price hikes.

It won’t be long, almost to the point where the countdown switches from days to hours

2 Likes

It’ll always be hours in my heart.

2 Likes

Already (sort of) exists as the Volca Bass/Keys! It’s a shame they don’t have high AND low pass filters though.

1 Like

Certainly anything on the Korg Future Products Preview page that isn’t already nailed down is fair game for SB 21.

https://korg-us.com/future-product-preview/

1 Like

8-voice battery-powered smaller version of Hydrasynth

Post your reactions, hot takes, moans, whatever here:

4 Likes

Disting EX 1.9 adds polysynth, quad envelope, MTS and Scala for the quantizer, etc.

5 Likes

SOO much of the tiny panel is given to the arpeggiator, the gigantic logo, and the volume knob. What in the world lol… Great sounding synth, but this is not a nice layout in my opinion. What if the filter control section was expanded instead and LFO/Envelope modulation to filter were exposed as knobs? Surely that would be better than the arpeggiator, even the most basic monosynths have those controls handy… OR! Instead of cutting down the primary control matrix, they could have left it intact! Actually, with all the wasted space I think both my suggestions would have been possible. Seriously! I sound aggravated because I got excited seeing the headline… until I saw the panel. Weak! Pull up an image of the Peak control panel for contrast.

4 Likes

eight AA batteries!?! c’mon my Microkorg only needs six!

4 Likes

Agree, it would have been so much better to have the full size control matrix/screen.

2 Likes

Well the more you expand the panel, the more you gotta wonder why not just get the full size Hydrasynth then?

Unless of course the thing costs as little as a Korg Volca and you really need to watch your pennies.

1 Like

No not expand the panel, I’m saying that on the existing panel that we are seeing for this mini version, there is a huge amount of wasted/poorly used space.

Let’s take the discussion here

2 Likes

One battery for each voice. If you only want to use it as a mono synth, then you just need one battery

16 Likes

oh shiz

14 Likes

Wasn’t @ess teasing this on his Instagram?

Has the wizard been involved in the development?

4 Likes
9 Likes

Don’t know, I don’t do Insta. I follow Beatppl podcast and the modbap crew only on YT.