Hydrasynth Explorer and Deluxe from ASM

The desktop pads would have been an interesting thing to have put over there. Or as a place to set an HSD !

3 Likes

That empty space should have faders for the envelopes

1 Like
7 Likes

Love that they include an accessory shelf. It’s very funny to me but also I would 100% make use of it.

5 Likes

I’ve been considering picking up either a Polybrute or Hydrasynth as my main synth/controller. The Deluxe makes the choice that much harder…

1 Like

Dominic Au performing with the Explorer.

4 Likes

It would be nice to know the dimensions of the space with the accessory shelf.

I’m pretty sure they’ll supply them somewhere.

I bet this is going to drive the 49-key Hydrasynth prices down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Good thing I waited!

I love how Glen flat out says the empty space on the right side is for other equipment, and even mentions a shelf for it.

2 Likes

I wonder, will Explorer be the cheapest HS, or desktop?

1 Like

The new two are in the Product list at ASM.

2 Likes

so…the LEDs on the Deluxe can change color to accommodate editing the splits…

it would be awesome if they could make color selection for the buttons on the existing Hydras and option. I would LOVE to make purple lit buttons

$599.99 usd for the explorer it looks like. That’s pretty killer.

6 Likes

I don’t know who Sarah Belle Reid is, but she’s got a video about the Explorer.

5 Likes

She does a lot of neat stuff with trumpet and modular synths. Thanks!

3 Likes

Cool, I’ll look into her stuff. Cheers!

1 Like

Alright that was a nice vid and the comparison to other Hydrasynth family members was also nice.

I should note that she tends towards experimental music.

4 Likes

I was disappointed to see that these new releases were basically just re-houses (Deluxe obviously doubles voices+bi-tribality) of the existing unit, but at this price, this is actually a pretty amazing offering that should sell a pile of units

Wow, these patches are absolutely nuts. GASing so hard I need to put on a mask.

1 Like

B&H has prices & preorders:

Tough call for me on the Rack/Desktop vs Explorer. I was going to get the Keyboard for the PolyAT, but it’s a bit big for my current home studio. Deluxe would be perfect for a future dedicated studio. Explorer retains the arp but loses the huge touch strip and can run on internal batteries.

I could see owning all four, but I don’t have the space for all of them.

2 Likes