Hydrasynth Explorer and Deluxe from ASM

Cool, I’ll look into her stuff. Cheers!

1 Like

Alright that was a nice vid and the comparison to other Hydrasynth family members was also nice.

I should note that she tends towards experimental music.

4 Likes

I was disappointed to see that these new releases were basically just re-houses (Deluxe obviously doubles voices+bi-tribality) of the existing unit, but at this price, this is actually a pretty amazing offering that should sell a pile of units

Wow, these patches are absolutely nuts. GASing so hard I need to put on a mask.

1 Like

B&H has prices & preorders:

Tough call for me on the Rack/Desktop vs Explorer. I was going to get the Keyboard for the PolyAT, but it’s a bit big for my current home studio. Deluxe would be perfect for a future dedicated studio. Explorer retains the arp but loses the huge touch strip and can run on internal batteries.

I could see owning all four, but I don’t have the space for all of them.

2 Likes

Perfect Circuit has the same.

2 Likes

I’m hoping this will also mean a firmware update for custom waveforms/user samples like the Blofeld

Then it would be THE synth

3 Likes

Yeah she makes proper weird shit. Her trumpet videos on Instagram are a hoot.

4 Likes

Love the proper non-destructive, patch copy style multi mode implementation. This company rocks.

Take note, Waldorf, you’re continuing to do your multis wrong for decades while the rest of the industry does it right.

7 Likes

Good to see a company succeed and expand…

6 Likes

This definitely has that MS-2000->Microkorg thing going for it. The market is obviously way more saturated at this stage then it was when Korg put out the MK but there is nothing in the $600 hardware/keyboard realm that sniffs the hydra synth engine and the small package is going to appeal to a lot of people.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing the Hydrasynth pretty much since the keyboard/desktop came out and I think I’m going to go for the Explorer. I can just grab one of the bigger versions later if I really miss the CV input, touch strip, chord mode, and/or bitimbral features.

The Deluxe is the best news I’ve heard in a while!

Deluxe? naah i’ll skip! i’ll wait for a Duplex with 144 keys!

3 Likes

CFO: “we are a tiny company, how can we support two major products?”
Product manager: “Uh, did you notice that the company is called HYDRA synth?”
Product manager: “BTW, we have four major products now.”

I think there is definitely an update coming for the regular versions. Bot explorer and deluxe have note off (release) velocity according to their manuals. And since patches are 100% compatible with eachother according to Glen, it should come to the OG’s as well. Amongst maybe other stuff, who knows…

5 Likes

Both seem like really nice options. Having poly AT on the Explorer at that price is really cool, though only having 4 parameters visible is a bit of a loss. I can’t play keys anywhere near well enough to take advantage of the Deluxe so I’m happy with my keys as a sweet spot but maybe one day!

Presumably this is good news for owners of the originals too, suggests the synth has a long life of firmware updates ahead!

2 Likes

I see peeps started to get mixed up between this and the parent Hydrasynth thread. I’ll leave it up to the mods and fellow forum members to decide whether or not a merge is needed.

For now, enjoy Daniel Fisher’s demo

Forum software is not allowing merge.

Please move discussion about these new versions of the Hydrasynth to the existing Hydrasynth thread. Thank you for your understanding.

3 Likes