Superbooth 21

This might be considered premature, but maybe it needs it’s own thread ? (the syntakt one must be close to 1000 posts now and that’s just a name, not even a photo)

1 Like

Good call, I heard MKII is going to have analog sampling and SH-101 style power supply.

2 Likes

You’re it bibenu ! Take it.

Don’t ask me about the Syntakt thread, nothing but trouble.

2 Likes

What about the sh101 modualtion grip!?! That’s what all the kids want these days

1 Like

You might have to wait for MKIII. The modulation grip manufacturing industry was hit the hardest during the pandemic, so you never know when it will bounce back.

2 Likes

Done.

3 Likes

Yeah, although firmware updates are slow and far in between. They’ve been promising us eight voice polyphony forever now.

1 Like

At this point, I would be happy 3 1/2 voices and a free sticker!

Look to be £499 which is fair, and depending on the oscillators a good starter synth for many.

1 Like

What If its a Norns Grids groove box… a combinstion of Norns and Grids in one box

4 Likes

Probably because it’s a very early prototype. They did hint at some new things coming soon though. This looks very interesting. However, what if it’s just a really early prototype of the Tracker, and they had it there for fun?

Wow if the Malevolent is that inexpensive, i may have to reconsider it. It’s cute as hell. In one of the early videos the creator ran it off of a battery, because the power supply broke, but i think he should consider giving it battery power.

2 Likes

Sounds great! Reminds me of a hardware version of Kick 2 or Punch box. Wonder what the cost is. Would be great to make samples with.

1 Like

that might work, would have to see the execution, I thought about going the Norns route but quickly decided that part of the groove box experience that is important imo is the convenience and simplicity… I think monome has gotten all of the complexity/sophisticated streetcred they need and that the easy as pie super duper standalone monome sampling groove box is long overdue, just think of all of the money they’d make that they could turn around and put back into esoteric creations

It’ll move few more units if they can get it battery powered at a nice cost. Wonder what the power input is? USB?

1 Like

I love this kind of stuff. For me, this is the kind of stuff that makes Modular exciting and adventurous.

1 Like

I’ve thought some about Wiretap. I think you could patch together three or four other utility modules and get some part of what this thing does. DIY would be a lot more expensive and a lot of wires, and some debugging to get your patch to work. U-he makes so few modules, i really take notice when they do.

1 Like

Wow that’s a good price!

1 Like

Discovering a Secret Superbooth, leaves me wondering.

Were there other secrets from some of the companies we didn’t hear a lot from publicly ?

Companies like Korg, Arturia, Akai, Novation, and even Moog.

Maybe this happens more often than we know. Could this all just be a part of the last day behind the scenes things i referred to in my earlier post.

Influencers under non-disclosure agreements are regularly informed about up coming products for instance. Quite reasonable to think there are products shown, that are not seen except by a few.

1 Like

The force is strong

4 Likes