Polyend Play

Better screens!

I updated your excellent picture… because they are teasing us far too long . . .

9 Likes

2 Likes

Not sure how everyone missed this, but there’s a Polish interview with Piotr, the Polyent CEO… found it randomly while searching for Polyend on YT.

Look at his desk!

also… it has USB-C in… and split midi cable. So fuck… it’s a sequencer :(((((

although… it seems like it has another jack now that I look better.

13 Likes

Oh more goodies

11 Likes

IT’S A FREAKING SAMPLER!!! YES!

It’s pretty freaking obvious.
Sample, Sample start, Randomize Sample In Folder (this one’s pretty dope)

I’m super excited and so glad I cancelled my Syntakt order!

Bring it on Polyend, pull your plants and legos and whatever and bring it on :))

26 Likes

Polyend Play. Not the most inventive of names. But a sampling sequencer is cool! Lots of randomisation options by the looks of it.

1 Like

Shit, I didn’t even noticed the name :)))))))))) I got stoked at “Sample”

2 Likes

Other initial thoughts. The five buttons around the screen look like they will select areas of the screen or the tabs to go to other screens with the knob to change values. Lots of FX related stuff on the right too.

Nice work @alexbuga
:smiley:

2 Likes

@alexbuga you are my hero and deserve a medal for discovering this!

2 Likes

Come back to us, @circuitghost. @alexbuga has cracked the case!

1 Like

FFS I just bought an Octatrack :smiley: I see you Track Length knob, I SEE YOU ! It seems that on the screen you have an Randomizer of the sample in a Folder, like pick something to make noise from here.

2 Likes

Hoping it’s more than a sampler, a man can only have so many samplers

3 Likes

Ditto, was hoping for more of a Deluge competitor.

1 Like

I think it’ll be the same as Tracker. USB-C for power. Audio in (please be stereo), audio out (which is what the stereo splitter is for) and midi.

NO CV?? Or can I continue hoping its a prototype…

1 Like

Oh you’re right. I thought it was a MIDI cable with IN & OUT on the same jack. You’re right.
Probably has audio OUT and MIDI. So probably it won’t sample.

I’m guessing it’s a sample player / dope sequencer with chance & randomization options. And by the look of the knobs… Attack / Decay only, so it’s mainly designed for one shots and drums. But we all know you can make songs with those too :smiley:

2 Likes

No no, it will sample. Just like Tracker. I’m just hoping it will be stereo sampling this time :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

“Randomize sample in folder” - curious if that randomizes samples from folders directly, like disk streaming, or it just loads random samples from a folder into memory.

As for stereo… yeah it sucks, but honestly it didn’t bother me that much on OP-1, OP-Z, Circuit Rhythm, Digitakt… as long as it has a nice reverb.