Superbooth 21

Bobeats did one big vidyo collecting ”all” of Superbooth. There’s a timestamp to skip around as well. UDO Super 6 module, Dreadbox Nymphes, Waldorf M (sounds great but perhaps not really useful to my music), Erica Synths Perkons…

5 Likes

Orders fourth quarter this year. Tempted.

7 Likes

To me, the perkons is the most interesting, while simultaneously being something I’ll probably never get.

7 Likes

I have the exact same feelings but about the Tiptop / Buchla 200 Series announcement instead.

2 Likes

I put in a preorder for the Perkons although the vendor doesn’t have the faintest clue when they expect to receive units. I’m also excited about the Tiptop modules, too, and view greater access to classic Buchla designs being a good thing although my Eurorack system has several modules that likely do similar, if not the same, functionality.

1 Like

Maybe there was another announcement that didn’t happen …

You can see a large button grid, on something very thin with plenty of encoder controls. And you can see what is next to it.

Was Polyend showing a new product secretly ?
Perhaps they were.

Leak: what was Polyend hiding from us on Superbooth 21, a new groovebox?.

Anyone care to speculate what this might be, and why Polyend chose to only show it on the sly ?

11 Likes

Syntakt.

4 Likes

Wow, great find!

Polyend’s take on Deluge or Force?

Synthstrom Deluge mk2…

Polyend’s Multimachine, a take on the SFX-6/60

2 Likes

It has the polyend logo

Edit: and also the buttons seem the same as the tracker

2 Likes

The pad grid and especially those right-side columns does look Deluge-ish…

Which would be an exciting direction for them to go!

3 Likes

I will throw my awesome hat into the speculation ring of fire. It looks to me like a groove box. I don’t know that they would follow up the Tracker with another sampler. Maybe this one has synth and drum engines and can load your own samples. I like the layout with the large grid and all of the knobs at the top.

1 Like

OT users … :100:

5 Likes

Oof I’m pretty hyped for this thing. I loved the tracker formfactor but as a millennial it doesn’t do anything for me other than the great design.

the only question is whether it’s more Monome mlr or more deluge, I hope more monome. since there is no stand alone offering like such

1 Like

The smallness feels like it would be great if battery powered.

1 Like

I hope it’s a new, fully-featured groovebox, but if so it has oddly few buttons.

2 Likes

Whatever the new Polyend thing is, it certainly looks like an early prototype so could be a while before there’s a more official announcement (or substantive leak)… you’d have to imagine that it might build on some of the ideas they had from the Medusa - thinking of the various grid uses.

1 Like

It’s got the whole grid and lots of knobs. Groovebox’s like the Roland MC-101 and the Novation Circuit do quite a bit with less physical controls than this Polyend one.

Also see the Deluge.

1 Like