Superbooth 19

Damn! You reminded me of my cell. They took it back from me. I was getting shocks from it.
It was brutal. :confused:

Looks like the dildo lounger in burn after reading

2 Likes

Now this is an exciting concept …

TBH I prefer modular gear most, if it’s possible to get most of the cables out of the way. Seems to be a little nice west-coast re-imagination … somehow it reminds me on Music Easel … not soundwise but the concept … good chance to hit the top of my shopping list :smiley:

Following up on the Silhoulette.
Silhoulette_tiny

If you watch the end of the video, the creator Pit Przygodda opens up the machine and talks for a moment how it functions. So what you see is a rough prototype, as i supposed, or what i would call a “proof of concept” model. He wrote the code in Pure Data, and interfaces the controls with an Arduino.

In concept, and in particular the silhoulette light table, hearkens back to the Oramics machine invented by Daphne Oram back in the 1960’s when she was at the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. The idea of animating those silhoulettes adds another level of control.

I wonder how far this has gotten in the few months since the video was made? I might suppose the inventor is looking for backing to take this further – another important result from a show like this. A good example of this is the Exodus Valkyrie that went to a show incomplete but far enough along to show it’s potential, and was ‘bought’ by Waldorf and is now called the Kyra. By the way look for the Kyra which is close to release at the Waldorf booth W240.

1 Like

An image of the Doepfer Slim Line Series modules:

With these and the modules from IO Instruments you could build a system for a lot less money.

4 Likes

Wow! Superbooth is this week.

I’m curious to see what Elektron will bring to the table. I want to be inspired, but I don’t want to be compelled to buy anything

I guess either way I win :man_shrugging:t2: (Or lose)

3 Likes

I’m intrigued by this, but as a person that fiddles with making unaesthetic music- I’m a bit turned off by the marketing towards being experimental.

I like things that are capable of being experimental, but not by design.

Still though, I’ll keep an eye out for this thing

1 Like

In their products menu, Digitakt is at the bottom of the list now. Other than that, it looks chronological. Does this mean Digitakt MK2 is coming soon? or am I reading too much into it? :wink:

This!

You’re playing a dangerous game, right here. I know, because that’s a game I, too, have played

4 Likes

a DT2 would be quite a ballsy move!

2 Likes

Digitakt is pretty much perfect why would we need an MK ll?

5 Likes

I thought the same thing too but then again think about a few if the most heard complaints about it. Could use a little stereo sampling, the Chrono from the M:S could be pretty rad just to name a couple. Mk2 makes sense to me as I’ve brought it up in this thread last week as well.

Something with keys like an mk2 analog keys with a few more voices or even a digital keys like a modern sfx6. I’ve stated the as well last week.

Hey! I can dream right?:wink:

2 Likes

I would like to see a MnM-MD mash up in digi format. 8 track 16 voice synth with both Monomachine and Machinedrum engines that can be used on any track with the improved FX. Also 8 midi tracks at DT-DN price range. :tongue:

9 Likes

Even if that were to come I’d still hold onto my md. 16 voices for anything I want is too versitile to let go. Modern elektron sequencers and fx’s on legacy boxes would be the dream of dreams.

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s going to be an Elektron World Peace with p-lockable Utopias

10 Likes

Somewhere out there is a hot demand for analog Accordians, analog harmonicas, and digital kazoos.

I can see there being some new releases to fill this nitche corner of the market by big named companies.

1 Like

Don’t forget conditional climate change trigs

4 Likes

Yea I can see SOMA attacking that market!

2 Likes

A red model:sample

3 Likes

The new one will have an arp, midi retrig, 16 LFOs per track, and 36 Outs!

2 Likes