Superbooth 19

If Elektron would be Roland, they would dare to call that already a mk2…

model:sample carry bag

1 Like

New model:samples stickers set…

8 Likes

model:sampler
now it’s possible to record samples, but you can’t hear them!

11 Likes

To unlock the ability to hear your recordings, promptly send $399 to Elektron Studios.

1 Like

that’s where the model:samples shines :smiley:

Seriously …a Digitone/A4 Hybrid with 16 voices…
But i recently put this in my wishlist…still not available:

https://www.waldorfmusic.com/en/stvc

4 Likes

no way, they’d absolutely cannibalise their sales if they made that. it would be mental but I highly doubt it would happen

Yep, like an Elektron Megalog with combined analog and digital oscilators (incl. wavetables please!!!), 2 analog filters, more modulation fx then just a chorus, bbd and tape style delays … etc. fingers crossed! :smiley:

1 Like

I really wanted to have the stvc, because I loved the streichfett and wanted to get back into vocoders ever since I sold the microkorg. I don’t know what’s taking them so long to release that damn thing, but I gave up all hope :frowning:

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts too. I think it’s still on the way – i don’t think they dropped it i mean. My thought is they are still improving it – like for instance storing of frozen samples. There’s some other stuff too that would be nice. The Kyra will be at SP19 and they will announce the ship date for that. Maybe the STVC will too.

Will there be anything else from Waldorf?

I agree with everyone else – i don’t think that means anything. I’ve seen stuff move around before on that list.

What means something is when it’s moved to the Legacy Products category. That’s the signal.

The Keys were rumored to be dead and gone for a very long time, in spite of denials from Elektron – but when it jumped to a legacy product you knew it was over. Fortunately Elektron still supports their legacy products.

2 Likes

OverPhones

2 Likes

Out of those products it is actually the oldest. The Mk2s were announced after the DT.

2 Likes

Maybe they have supplier issues…sometimes parts are missing and that can delay a production for months for smaller business customers, because the part supplier than prefer the bigger customers that ordered bigger numbers of parts. Seen this already with Mutable Instruments. Waldorf is not so big either, quite small company with just a handfull of people.
I wonder how the STVC aside from the Vocoder and the 16 instead of 8 voices for the VA Synth has been improved. The very few demos concentrate rather on the Vocoder part. If it hasn´t improved much, i might get the Streichfett again. I loved that one. Was great fun to use. Check this out:

2 Likes

Model: Ample - Amp simulate your sample.

Korg thing ?

Real/fake …

2 Likes

Eeeeew, it’s butt ugly. All the volcas designed post Tats are on the fugly side. These are simple boxes, keep them simple designwise, dammit!

I prefer the black , reminds me of volca kick .
I’d guess similar price , sound nice and bassy/growls a lot.
Moddable

I won’t be buying one , I had keys and kick , barely used them though they sounded fine.

Here’s the manual

2 Likes