Stimming’s Instant Mastering Chain

Info made available on the Superbooth site:

Fully analog audio processor chain in a portable package, designed for the hardware only liveset. Works great in the studio as well, especially on the drum bus! Weight ~ 1kg, Dimensions 56 x 146 x 142,5 mm, road proof carbon housing, handmade in Mittelfranken, Germany.

There are pics here too:

The pics:

25 Likes

looks intertesting, I think he showed this on one of his last videos. He said he couldn’t find a product that did what he wanted, so he designed this and had it made

1 Like

Oh wow, I’m curious about the price of this one.

1 Like

“Stimming’s Instant Mastering Chain” sounds like a prog rock band from the 1970s.

42 Likes

‘Handmade in Mittelfranken’ was one of the best debut LPs of the era.

28 Likes

That looks ace, definitely all about the price though. When he’s mentioned it in videos he has hinted that it could be fairly pricey. I wouldn’t be suprised if it was pushing/over four figures.

7 Likes

AH + Compressor - Filter - 7 Drive Circuits - Visual Feedback = MSIMC

Also, those diagonal stripes aren’t the best looking.

4 Likes

Yeah, OTO Boum gives this a run for its money too, probably for half the price. It’ll still be interesting to hear what it sounds like tho (and how much it’ll cost) :thinking:

6 Likes

Interesting. Looks like a Bax EQ, a drive circuit, and a compressor with sidechain in one. And while it’s called a mastering box, it might be good for live use, or just jamming in general.

For sure.

1 Like

The test will be whether it is enough to correct the Octatrack’s poor sound quality. :wink:

32 Likes

ohyou

7 Likes

And you cannot even abbreviate it…

Martin Stimming’s Instant Mastering Chain

MSIMC… What?

Better:

SCIMM - Stimmig Chain of Instant Martin Masterings

or something like that

1 Like

Press Play, twice.

2 Likes

Never realised his first name was Merlin.

2 Likes

That’s what I read first too but it’s Martin.

1 Like

In the spirit of Stimming’s honest reviews, it looks like there was an explosion in a zebra enclosure. A better name might’ve been Zebra Decapitator

6 Likes

this thing will be at least $2k. if it’s carbon housing then it’s definitely “fuck you” level expensive.

10 Likes

do i get this or the soundcloud mastering

14 Likes

Nice deduction.