Stimming’s Instant Mastering Chain

Stimming’s Tweakable Instant Mastering Machine … ing

13 Likes

lol F-you level of expensive i like that, the wording not that it would be that expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ts smaller than I had expected

1 Like

From his OT review/hatchet job :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Awesome, now I want one! And Im not really sure i need it :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting! Wait for the end of chain warming unit threads to revive…

3 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking – probably way up in that range. Worth it? That’s hard to determine. It’s a really specific device, but it could be really useful in the right contexts. Then again, I always have to remind myself that his studio monitors cost something like $15,000. He’s really about chasing that last 0.1% of the sound. I’m more about making some mediocre electronic music as an escape from the monotony. :man_shrugging:t2:

35 Likes

:100:

5 Likes

The price for carbon fiber has come down quite a lot. A very high quality 12"x12" plate with of thickness of 3/16" can be had for less than $100. You can get machinable blocks for around $200. I say there is hope this thing is <$3000.

I like how it has the RNC / RNLA size, and also got inspired by its lousy typography designs.

7 Likes

https://2020.superbooth.com/en/doctron-stimming-instant-mastering-chain.html?articles=

Uhh, this video shows a digital device with a screen, not the knob laden version as above.

I believe it was mentioned recently that he moved back to a knobby, analog design because the digital version was too expensive (as a consumer product), and possibly sounded better as well.

2 Likes

Yes, but they decided to move back to a fully analog, knob-based interface. One reason was to reduce the cost…

Edit: @cold_fashioned - you beat me by 30 sec… :wink:

2 Likes

I’m guessing 500-600$
Approaching $1000+ and it’s a hard sell IMO .

@ccr and @cold_fashioned, I haven’t been following this development as you 2 have.

I doubt it… I had a brief email exchange with Stimming in April last year in which he indicated around 2500 EUR for the previous version (digital interface).

1 Like

I’m curious what kind of promotion game he’s gonna be doing haha, with his youtube reviews and everything.

Maybe he could have it on his Modern Classics series :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll be starting a thread soon on “Beginning-of-chain warming devices”. It’s mostly about mood lighting, and the sun.

20 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks the Low End sounds weird (meh) and not right (more on the 1st example, though).

1 Like

Looking a bit ‘wannabe API’ but,… only sound matters so we’ll wait and see, listen.