Finally got my OT a proper wood stand!

You might need a live mastering chain(saw) :joy:

Looks good btw.

3 Likes

Keep em coming. I love all your guys’ jokes since they’re all that I can afford.

2 Likes

I wooden stand for that

13 Likes

I vish Elektron would’ve zpent more money on converterz so that they’d convert my music from sheiBe to sehrgut. I shall have to construct a device that accomplishes thiz. With lazer. From my base on ze moon.

5 Likes

:joy:

I heard Stimming came up with something…

1 Like

Oh, right. He beat me to it. Ze baztard.

But now, will buying the OT (with or without a good looking wood stand and an instant mastering chain) be a mistake in 2022?

2 Likes

Did you build or buy? Either way, it’s gorgeous!!

1 Like

Had it built locally! I live in Asia (Philippines) so it’s hard to get ahold of all the good stuff being sold in the US/UK. I’m still so stoked on it. Makes jamming on it a lot more comfortable.

2 Likes

Bonus point for underlying nazi reference :joy:

1 Like

And they stole it from Rocket Ranger. Ah, Cinemware and the glory days of the Amiga :blush:

2 Likes

This is the way. A fine and sturdy looking wooden stand. Its sure to add some woody overtones.

My stands were made locally also, (NSW australia) by @CountedSorrow these are super strong but very light, and allow for cables to run under the boxes.

8 Likes

You guys are using the wrong wood - it’s got to be ebony or a decent snakewood to bring out the thump of a kick or the body of a bass that bit better. Don’t get me started on basswood, I burned all my guitars that were made of that stuff years ago.

3 Likes

Nice. Meranti? Luan? I’m assuming it’s a local species, if so it’s clearly one of the pseudo-mahoganys. I’m just curious as a wood nerd. It looks great!

2 Likes

I really appreciate that we’re graced with a great abundance of nerds in the many forms. I find it interesting that many people here have deep appreciations for things that are totally unrelated to our music.

6 Likes

It appears to be pegged together, correct? Very cool. Nice grain and that bevel looks great too.

1 Like

It’s made out of tanguile - I was asked if I wanted mahogany or tanguile and I just asked the builder to use whatever was more common and sustainable. Tanguile is very light (which might not look well with the grey finish of the :elot:
so I asked for it to have a full walnut stain.

The grain is great, and the shade as well! I’m such a sucker for walnut stained (or real walnut) wood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know I was also suprised that it was pegged together. I thought he was going to nail / screw it together. The pegs was such a good call and it’s looks and feels so premium. The bevel was also his touch. I love it when the builder has a great vision of how he wants his product to look and feel. It just translates better vs me just giving exact instructions!

1 Like

Totally with you! Which is why I never get tired of scrolling through the forum. Geeks, nerds, and great musicians unite! :zap:

1 Like