Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

It does seem strange that the only feedback and clue of OB progress is given to the public by a single customer in this thread alone?
Wouldn’t you think Elektron should instead be providing these video updates, feedback etc to the general public to keep them informed on progress, rather than just a customer?
Quite bizarre really, and kind of surprising this thread exists considering, and yes you can hide this post if you like

12 Likes

Yes it is strange. I also find it weird that all discussion about the beta and release gets moved to the locked thread, if it is not praise.

6 Likes

@psyclone001 @lemons nothing strange really : you’re just bringing nothing to the thread, and driving it towards sterile off-topic ranting we’ve seen countless times already.
But you seem smart enough to guess this.
Why keep coming back at it, then?

12 Likes

where is OB2.0 for AR mk1 ?

i want to use Transfer, but dont want to loose OB when i update on the 1.45 OS.
is it still not released, yet??

It’s not released yet, the beta is still underway.

1 Like

Anybody testing with the new Macbook Pro? I’m interested to see how OB would behave with the necessary USB hub (and Mojave). I’m in the market for a new laptop. :wink:

1 Like

I could test with a mpb2018 … if someone can send me the beta :rofl:

1 Like

You should discuss that with Elektron. Beta testers are asked not to forward the files.

2 Likes

Yes I’m a beta tester and have been asked to assassinate anyone trying to bribe their way into getting a copy.Youve been warned.
ps its awesome

3 Likes

Too bad the beta isn’t open, I get my shiny new DT tomorrow and would love to see how it works now that OB is closer to completion.

Can somebody give us an update how the beta is progressing please?
Like how much devices still need to be tested with drivers and plugin…
That would give us a little bit of an idea how much time until final release.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

It looks good. Everything beyond that would just be a wild guess.

Does that mean, that all Overbridge enabled devices already received their beta drivers and plugin testing, or is for example, the A4 or AR still missing their drivers…?! My question wasn’t about guessing a release date… It was more towards progress the beta concerning…

not to be all sour grapes, but it is rather disappointing that elektron hasn’t opened up portions of the beta to the customers that bought a box in 2017 that said “Overbridge Enabled.” here we are at 2019’s doorstep, with a working driver, and by all accounts a working standalone version and no official channel to at least try it out. There are ways around that but it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth so to speak. I like the digitakt, however it’s the last elektron product i’ll ever purchase after this experience.

7 Likes

Hi guys,

so I came here to research why my A4mkii wasn’t being recognised by OB on my mbp 10.13.6 2018 set up, I tried different, cables, ports even laptops (2012mbp 10.13.6) to no avail, but after some reading im guessing the mkii is simply not supported on high Sierra, my question is, when this beta is released, A4mkii will be supported? the gutting thing is I had a toss up today when buying this unit, the A4mkii or another synth (different brand), OB integration sold it for me lol how wrong was i?!?!

2 Likes

So it seems they couldn’t get OB2 finished in 2018, even though it was originally promised to be out in 2017. They also haven’t answered ay queries here about it in months. Not looking too good.

Should be interesting to see what they say about OB in NAMM interviews if anyone dares to ask them about it. I bet cuckoo and other people sponsored by them won’t even ask about it but hopefully someone will…

6 Likes

anyone know if they wll release overbridge soon? I bought this wonderful synth thinking I could use it to transfer to my laptop my sounds, I can’t really afford a nice audio interface because they don’t really sell them or deliver them here… (some people can get them but everything costs 20-40 percent more)…

I should have done more research but I just was able to grab this on my visit to the United States and seemed so neat and I saved for half a year…

I love this thing so much but it makes me sad I cannot to transfer it to my DAW

Head over to the following thread to read about the latest unofficial news (no official news available since a long time):

To summarize: no fixed date yet, but there is progress.

You don’t need overbridge to use it with your DAW. Send it midi and get the audio back just like every other synth.

Or better yet, ditch the DAW and write your music entirely on the DN. Embrace the creative power of limitation.

He want to use the digitone as audio interface :wink:

2 Likes