Overbridge 2.0 Beta - New video online! #4: Brutal Stress Test

Does anybody know when Overbridge 2.0 is released for the Digitone, will audio routed through it’s L / R inputs be able to record in a daw into a separate track? Or will it be mixed with other tracks? Thanks!

Hi Dave ! I own a AR mk2. The firmware of the rytm (and i think the others Elektron machines) don’t allow to have infos about P-locks counter (like on Scenes or Perfs).
So, do you think overbridge’s devs would implement this functionality in OB2, or in next firmwares of the machines ?
Thanks for your reply

Cheers

I’m so happy to have my DT back but wish the beta was still open, I’d love to test out OB finally.

haha I don’t wanna Bete test anything, sorry i am really grumpy today. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

tumblr_mktkgcYHU11sn7uiqo1_500

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I find it really really sad, that there are non official informations about the working progress.
It´s a shame (imo) for a company that beta-user (btw: thanks @DaveMech for your great Vids!! :hugs:) hold us up to date :confused:
I hope, that we all soon be redeemed… cheers :beers:

1 Like

Anyone know if OB for digitone is planned to be released at the same time?
Need a small audio interface and could potentially use digitone when OB is released

where the digitone overbridge @ ?

Audio and sync are handled by the vst. The daws latency compensation handles keeping sync tight. So it’s down to the daw in some respects. Most of the current optimization seems centered around ableton which I can say from my limited tests (I focus on propellerhead reason) works a treat. The better your daw of choice handles vsts the better your performance seems to be my takeaway thus far.

Yes the inputs are their own audio path in the current version being tested. Digitone will be the final device we test but I think the audio interface aspect might be present in the public beta stage. Can’t tell you anything for certain obviously and anything is subject to change yadda yadda.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just uploaded a new video on Overbridge with some extra explanations and instructions how to set things up.

Overbridge 2.0 Review: #1 Setting things up

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

23 Likes

Total recall is amazing :grin:

Wonder how this is going to run in Reason, would love to get some cv combinatory going to mess with the DT channels

1 Like

Excellent. Sold my digitakt while back from being annoyed at lack of overbridge. Bought it week it came out with overbridge being a big reason for buying it.

Anyhow happy to say I’m getting a digitakt again tomorrow and will be straight into overbridge and the other videos I watched is a big reason so definitely checking this one

1 Like

That would be very cool indeed. I started out with Reason a long time ago. Still miss it sometimes. Would love to know if that works!

Great to hear Muzka, Enjoy!

It’s shit currently. Basically reason runs internally at a 64 frame buffer and a lot of plugins can’t run well at that speed on most systems. They’re working on a patch which will be reason 10.3 that addresses how cpu intensive vsts are in Reason vs other daws. My tests have found I drop sync almost immediately and lose communication with the vst as the latency measurements that the ob engine attempts time out.

The other thing is the vst rack item doesn’t have enough outputs on the back for all the streams from the rytm mkii

The automaton lane picker also doesn’t have enough line items to handle all the parameters available in the machine.

All in all very poor support on propellerheads end. They need to drastically improve their vst model before it’s worth trying ob. For now I rewire Reason to ableton and get the rytm in that way. Lol

1 Like

Thanks for the video dude!

Have you tried OB with AH+DT+DN? If so what do you think about it and how do you plug it?
Physically the DT goes into the DN and then into the AH but I’m a little lost when it comes to setting everything into OB.

1 Like

Thanks a million!

1 Like

Cheers!

Ah yes. A problem with that routing is I guess you want to use the digitone send fx on the input yeah? This would make it difficult if you want to stream the separate tracks from DT as well.

I’d do it like this with your routing:

Use Digitone as an audio interface since it doesn’t have the OB plugin yet. Add stereo tracks for the 4 tracks of DN.

Add digitakt vst and set up the separate tracks. Mute the tracks from going to main out so you can record the DT send fx separately.

Now route each track to a stereo bus / aux and add the analog heat to that.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes