Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I see tons of posts related to the topic but since Elektron has decided not to include the “year” in the date of posts, I can’t tell if these are old posts or new… October 2016 or 2018?.. who knows.

NEVER.

Jnjnunmk

Post that don’t include a year are from this year. Otherwise the year is attached to the post. It’s likely the way the forum software functions.

Also if you click the news section that will give you official from elektron post

3 Likes

when release date OB for A4 Mk2?

The lack of updates on OB 2.0 is now getting really frustrating. Putting out an exclusive beta was also really confusing thanks but have always been one of the biggest elektron fans from day one… buying a synth that your fired up about integrating into your setup and waiting a year basically has me like this company is beyond wack and is only watching out for their dollar. Why did Elektron not hire additional team members for a short period time to tackle the problem they created, would have been possible? the MKI has more connectivity than the MK2 technically?

1 Like

they are complaints that need to be heard by elektron and a warning to future buyers, its not fair to a consumer that buys a product at full price and only gets some of its full functionality a year later and waiting? give a discount? bring in additional support? they are still collecting they’re money, they earned around an estimated $7 million dollars a year profit last year. You do the math, if it was working we could be talking about how great it is, pretty easy.

1 Like

As a software developer, I’m fine with the delays on the Overbridge release- Those sorts of problems usually can’t be solved by just hiring more people.

The only thing that would really upset me is if they delay the release of the drivers (which is what 90% of people really care about) just because they want to release the plugin/UI stuff at the same time.

1 Like

Never judged the complaints in that post, quite the opposite. The thing is, there are already multiple topics addressing the delay. The complaints were heard by Elektron a long time ago as well. A couple of employees even commented on them in said topics.

I just suggested to keep this topic on topic and let it not become yet another complaint box. Would still be nice if we could manage that :slight_smile:

Cheers

6 Likes

Well that’s already happened, the driver was phase 1

Why would this really upset you? The driver and the plugin are really connected. Changes to the plugin need to be reflected to the driver and there is a huge interplay between them. The plugin uses the driver to directly output the audio, instead of selecting your Elektron machine as audio device in your DAW. - This causes all kind of driver hurdles, like perfect audio latency, communication, etc.

Hi everyone, I’m new here,
sorry if I do a double thread but I didn’t found any satisfying answer yet.

I own a Digitakt , the firmware is 1.10 and my computer is a Mac with high Sierra 10.13.5

Overbridge (1.15.0) can’t recognize the device, even if I restart the Mac or install again the software.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

Overbridge does not currently support the Digitakt- Elektron is promising to release a compatible version in the future. We’re all waiting anxiously for it.

2 Likes

:scream:
Thanks for the answer

Nice. Thanx for posting!

Nevertheless: after almost 6 months of closed beta I thought OB2 had progressed further. Doesn’t look as it is coming soon (with all the other devices still missing).

2 Likes

Not here to bitch around but does anyone know if there is plan for the phases?
Bought an AR2 and just want to know if they have like a set plan for the beta test phases.

Why is the ”appropriate forum” for questions a locked thread?

1 Like

They are questions that require an answer that only an official can give. And officials can reply in locked threads.

Okay. Haven’t seen much replies from officials lately so maybe it would be good to open the discussion so people can speculate?

1 Like

You said the same for Digitakt driver six months ago when the beta started. Any idea why there is still no public release if this is the case?

1 Like