Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

When Spectrasomics walked their Omnisphere 2.5 crew out on stage recently for their upgrade presentation, that was cool. Great passion and hard work deserved to be recognised.

I hope elektron do the same thing when they get over this little mountain. Pushing the envelope, and so close to delivery. Many elektron users are elderly nerds familiar with techie code protocol struggles, so we salute your crazy mission. Climb the biggest mountain, just because it is there.

Beta has been looking extremely good for windows users, hopefully Apple gremlins yield soon.

2 Likes

Couldā€™ve slapped on an ADAT for 20p and saved 2 years of pain (not to mention the continuing struggle against OS updates into the infinite future). Such an awful idea. Of course that is merely my own opinion.

5 Likes

Yeah, this doesnā€™t need to to turn into one of those conversations. I asked a question, I received what I thought to be a sufficient answer.

Mods (@PeterHanes, @AdamJay, @avantronica) feel free close this before itā€™s gets thrown down that path.

4 Likes

I would prefer to get actual answers from Elektron, but I know that expecting such a thing is frowned upon here so maybe it really is better to close this discussion.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: No overbridge menu at all on MKII?

So when can we actually expect Overbridge 2.0 to be released?

No one knows, no one has ever knownā€¦its one of lifeā€™s great mysteries.

Maybe with Ableton 11 :wink:

2 Likes

Ableton 11 would break OB and it wouldnā€™t be released for another year

3 Likes

I have the Digitone, Digitakt, and tomorrow Iā€™ll also own the Heat. Does Overbridge currently work with any of these three products? :sunglasses:

No (unless you are in overbridge beta)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen the Dave Mech #3 video but I also remember seeing a news update from Elektron, maybe about 3-4 weeks ago. Came through via email with links to the ā€˜Newsā€™ page after Daveā€™s youtube update, but now i canā€™t seem to find it anywhere!

Does anyone else remember seeing this or did I dream it?

The latest update via email was 11/2 - no mention of overbridge in it at all.

The email update from 10/19 has only a link to Dave Mechā€™s YouTube videos with this text:

_Overbridge Brief: A sneak peek _
_ _
Work on Overbridge 2.0 continues. To avoid compromising smooth operation for one of the major computer OS environments, some of the core functionality has to be reworked. Again, thanks to all you meticulous testers for helping out. Multi-platform functionality is a tough nut to crack, but it is what weā€™re dead-set on doing.

Check out Dave Mechā€™s video where he shares his impressions of a recent Beta build. Thanks Dave!

1 Like

VST testing for Windows. Driver for macOS and Windows.

@digitalist, that was it exactly. thanks.

1 Like

Is it that time when I Can i start asking where OB2 is? I want both DV and OB.

1 Like

Why cant you get DVCO?

If I upgrade to 1.45 I lose working OB. :frowning:

Ahh ok.
Iā€™m on the OB beta.
Although I havenā€™t really dug in, it looks like progress is good.
I imagine it will come pretty soon, but thatā€™s truly a guess.
DVCO is fantastic though, whole new machine.

2 Likes

For sure. I used it quickly when it was released. So unique.

Iā€™m just trying to be practical and get work done.

3 Likes