No overbridge menu at all on MKII?

Shet.
I’ll miss it until then.
Thanks for answering

cheers

A

Hello there, fellow Elektronauts,
I’m really happy to finally join the community. I have been drooling over Elektron machines for a while now and I just brought home my first piece of gear, the Analog Rytm MKII. This community looks like a really fun place to meet like-minded people and I hope I can add something to it.
Sadly, my first post is an issue I’m having setting up Rytm. When I got it, I installed the latest OS (1.40B), as well as Overbridge’s most recent version (1.15.0). I believe I followed all the installation instructions carefully (Rytm was disconnected from the computer and, when instructed to do so, I restarted the computer).
I then plugged Rytm back on, powered it up, launched Overbridge, but it keeps telling me to “Please connect your Overbridge device to the USB-port of your computer. If your device is already connected but does not show up here, then you may need to restart your computer or re-install Overbridge.”
Well, I’ve done both those things a couple times now, but nothing seems to change. I also bought Overdub and I started by plugging Rytm into it, so I thought it might be the issue, so I plugged it directly to the computer, did a new restart, but nothing changed. Also, I noticed that, when navigating to SYSTEM/USB CONFIG, I only see the “USB-MIDI ONLY” option, when I guess I should also see an “OVERBRIDGE MODE” option, right?
Can anyone help me try to figure this out? In case that helps, my current setup is an iMac 3.1GHz, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, running OSX Sierra 10.12.6. Rytm is connected to the computer via Overhub (but, as I said, I also tried directly to the computer).
Thank you so much for reading through.
All the best.

Overbridge isnt working yet with the MkII’s. Got a two month wait (Feb 2018 per Elektron)

1 Like

I see. Bummer. I knew there was a new Overbridge version coming, but I thought the current one would work. Well, I’ll have to get those audio cables out of the drawer until February.
Thank you for that @J0n35y

1 Like

Maybe be prepared to wait longer than that. Elektron have developed a bit of notoriety for missing deadlines recently. They’ve always delivered at some point, though.

1 Like

Very true. @viidruu - dont be disappointed if you’re waiting a little longer.

Gut feel is that the guys will have a concrete update ready for NAMM though which will, hopefully, mean an OB update across the range in Feb.

@Hans_Olo and @J0n35y oh, there’s plenty to learn on the machine itself, I don’t mind waiting a bit. Would be nice to jump right into all those nice Overbridge features, but I guess it’s actually better this way, I can focus on learning Rytm, which is more than enough for now. Hopefully, the team will have a new version ready soon.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Feb2018

I really hope they don’t miss the deadline :frowning: The least they could do is open it up to public beta for those who don’t mind a few bugs and if it helps sort problems out sooner.

Be careful what you wish for. I wouldn’t be surprised if February turned out to be the start of the public beta phase.

I think we can only wait to see what it will be :wink:

Please guys is it in OB a possibility to work on patches without the machine connected, then connect the machine and save the patch ?

Not currently.

1 Like

Hello… im having this problem with mine and i tried everything that makes sense!

firmware is updated… i used different cables… i re started my computer and my analog rytm mk2 several times, etc etc… nothing is working. i go on system/usb config and the only thing that is there is the usb-midi only. and i cant check or uncheck this option! no overbridge box so i can select!

anyone had the same?

i was going to post a pic but mine shows exactly what is shown on the picture that started this post!

any help is very welcome!!

Everyone has the same. No OB has been released for MKII Analogs or Digi__ boxes, yet.

1 Like

The advertising of Overbridge written in present tense is very misleading. When you go to https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-rytm-mkii/ and scroll all the way down to the Overbridge section it states:

Overbridge for Analog Rytm MKII will be free of charge, and become available at a later date.

This “later date” was once February '18, but then - shortly before - Elektron pushed out the following news:

https://www.elektronauts.com/news/405

… since then no more informations.

Is anyone still having these problems with the Rytm MK2 not connecting with the Overbridge software. I have tried everything as instructed, downloaded the new firmware to version 1.45, changed midi to overbridge mode and downloaded the latest version of overbrige, restarted my mac and everything and it still does not connect to overbridge. I am imagining that they still have not sorted this issue out for the Rytm MK2 :confused:

OB does NOT work with the new OS yet. You need to get into the OB 2.0 Beta or wait a bit.

1 Like

NOOB ALERT! Sorry, I’ve had the Rytm Mk2 for a week now and I can’t for the life of me find out how to put it into Overbridge Mode. I’ve scoured this fine forum, but the answer always seems to be that the MK2 isn’t Overbridge compatible yet, but that’s all from posts from 2017… The manual says go to the USB Config menu, but fails to say how to get to that menu… Please put me out of my misery :slight_smile:

Overbridge for mkIIs and digi boxes is not available yet

2 Likes