Share your tunes

Hey guys, got back into playing with Elektron year after almost a year, adding A4 to the DT+DN duo, really love how they work together :wink: here’s a evening jam using all 3 of them -

3 Likes

A slightly experimental track made with OT on a relaxed sunday morning.

1 Like

One of my “Elektron heaviest” tracks. I often use my Digitakt as a groovebox and for basslines as well. I’d say in this track roughly 80% of the sounds are done with DT.

5 Likes

Been inspired by Cliff Martinez lately and I wanted to do a minimal bass oriented track, but it ended in a weird video game track again.

All sounds and effects are coming from the Digitone recorded via Overbridge in Ableton Live, then processed inside Ableton Live.

3 Likes

Hello my musik friends! I made a litte Projekt on my AR and it would be awesome if you can rate my track or just say ur Ideas what i can make better or something. I normaly make Tribe Tekno and now i just tried to make an Industrial Techno. I hope u will enjoy it.

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

I’ve recently had this mentality: whatever inspires me at the moment to produce more music, it’s only a good thing. Sometimes it can be more of a “in the box” way of producing, sometimes the opposite and so on. :slight_smile: Anyway, a nice and atmospheric track I could imagine hearing in some relaxed drink bar.

1 Like

Exploring Digitone’s sounds and textures:

6 Likes

Digitakt only:

5 Likes

loved this!

1 Like

Hi there! This is an ambient’ish track made mostly from the A4 + old rehearsal tapes and field-recordings through the OT. The bass is Sub37. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty lovely! When you say it’s 80% DT is it mostly samples played back by the DT?

80% of the sound design as well as the initial sequencing (I always record everything eventually into DAW and arrange, mix and produce the track there). I often use the toolbox single cycle waves and craft stuff out of those, in a way like DT would be a synth. I absolutely love DT in the sense, that one can get pretty far just by using it like a kind of a synth. A lot of times I also might use some sampled piano/synth sound, mangle it with DT so, that it sounds something else entirely (many of my bassline sounds are actually crafted out of some non-bass sound :slight_smile: ). I have a physical effects chain, so that often also plays a significant role in my sound design process, but DT alone is already so inspiring device as an “idea incubator”. I also love to sequence other gear with it.

1 Like

Greets. Here’s 3 techno / electro tracks taken from my latest computer-free live set.

Gear used: OT, Nord G2, MFB Tanzmaus, Bass Station 2 (not in dubovernout), HW FX. Recorded in one take of course!. All synth patches but one - built from scratch.

2 Likes

Digging it! Digitakt would’ve NOT been the first device coming into my head when I heard this. :slight_smile: Great work.

1 Like

Here’s a new track where I collaborated with a local gent (Crooked Walking). He put together a fantastic modular setup really quickly, which made my Deckard’s Dream + Octatrack setup seem hilariously simple by comparison. But I’m super impressed with how just a few hours’ work turned into this track from scratch. Take a listen!:

8 Likes

This is my latest track using the Digitone and Digitakt and a guest appearance from the BS2.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/MkFp6WWPHsA

All tunes started on Digitakt + A4 + Roland SE02. Some of the background soundscapes added in Logic with Alchemy. Added FX and processing in Logic. Techno and dub techno.

10 Likes

3 tracks. One drum loop, one extremely mangles waveform, and a thru track for Digitone.

Stereo to the max haha. Just a one minute jam :upside_down_face:

7 Likes