Share your tunes

Great work!

This is right in my wheelhouse, I’d defo play this track out at a party. Do you know how many records you pulled samples from to make this? It all fits together really well, you have a good ear.

Thanks man your track has some unique sounds really liked it
Mine was Made from think about 6 records,
3 different old records for the live percussive sounds and main groove, 1 for the intro.
A few different parts from 2 older house tunes pitched, filtered and eq’d,
the bass I made from a different 1 shot sample on Octatrack
then some 909 drums on analog Rytm,
also added some synth sounds from the A4…

Just beat matched the tempo then sampled straight into the Octatrack

1 Like

This was a perfect Saturday morning listening. Hearing the late 80’s here, :+1:

2 Likes

SG1991 Against His Will

all done with octatrack mk1, rytm mk1, analog keys, digitone, and mono evolver keyboard. Also, very little processing was done in the mixing process. I mostly eq’d everything inside the boxes. (I play out live so it’s gotta sound right to begin with.)

1 Like

Occasionally I bring out my ancient Korg Trinity. Sequenced with OT

2 Likes

I’m an Elektron die hard but it’s difficut to ignore the versatility of working in-the-box. This is done with Live’s Operator and Analog for synth and bassline, samples for the beats.

5 Likes

New EP - Lots of Digitone, Rytm and heat here.

It’s available on other platforms too. Enjoy :zap:

8 Likes

Had an idea. 2 tracks per pattern on OT. One drum loop and a sample with mad effects and tempo/note changes.

Most of the pitch transitions are using the crossfader (first time using scenes).

Need to work on gain staging and feedback control but some more fine tuning and I’ll have something for sure!

Combfilter comes in eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

Super gritty-future-lofi-wave? I have no idea what this is:

4 Likes

Around 6 minutes. The most synthwave sound on the planet emerged. Bravo haha that got me hooked!

1 Like

Just a sketch from this afternoon, having spent some time with the Tasty Chips GR-1.

3 Likes

Another song in the lofi hip hop vein, with Digitakt, Grandmother, and 0-Coast. Cheers!

5 Likes

I’ve tidied this one up, made it leaner so it gets to the kinetic drums quicker. I think it’s tighter over all now.

I feel sometimes that going back to a song after a few weeks really helps - fresh eyes and all that.

Great sounds! Full sets are hard. You did well.

1 Like

Here’s a new one leveraging a bunch of different units for their individual strengths: the OP-Z for its awesome sequencing, three synths (Sirin, Minitaur, and Korg ARP Odyssey module) for their great analogue sound, and of course the Octatrack to work its Thru Machine / scenes magic. It’s amazing how much the Octatrack can really bring a piece up to the next level of polish and personality.

7 Likes

Thanks, Jay!

1 Like

Really nice balance of the melodic parts - just fell into it!

1 Like

Wow, looks like going the opposite direction led you deep into the dark. You apparently are an extremely bright flashlight usually…

Here’s a (slightly) lighter one from me using a culmination of several techniques I’ve been working on for the past year.

6 Likes