Share your tunes

Digitakt only:

5 Likes

loved this!

1 Like

Hi there! This is an ambient’ish track made mostly from the A4 + old rehearsal tapes and field-recordings through the OT. The bass is Sub37. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty lovely! When you say it’s 80% DT is it mostly samples played back by the DT?

80% of the sound design as well as the initial sequencing (I always record everything eventually into DAW and arrange, mix and produce the track there). I often use the toolbox single cycle waves and craft stuff out of those, in a way like DT would be a synth. I absolutely love DT in the sense, that one can get pretty far just by using it like a kind of a synth. A lot of times I also might use some sampled piano/synth sound, mangle it with DT so, that it sounds something else entirely (many of my bassline sounds are actually crafted out of some non-bass sound :slight_smile: ). I have a physical effects chain, so that often also plays a significant role in my sound design process, but DT alone is already so inspiring device as an “idea incubator”. I also love to sequence other gear with it.

1 Like

Greets. Here’s 3 techno / electro tracks taken from my latest computer-free live set.

Gear used: OT, Nord G2, MFB Tanzmaus, Bass Station 2 (not in dubovernout), HW FX. Recorded in one take of course!. All synth patches but one - built from scratch.

2 Likes

Digging it! Digitakt would’ve NOT been the first device coming into my head when I heard this. :slight_smile: Great work.

1 Like

Here’s a new track where I collaborated with a local gent (Crooked Walking). He put together a fantastic modular setup really quickly, which made my Deckard’s Dream + Octatrack setup seem hilariously simple by comparison. But I’m super impressed with how just a few hours’ work turned into this track from scratch. Take a listen!:

8 Likes

This is my latest track using the Digitone and Digitakt and a guest appearance from the BS2.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/MkFp6WWPHsA

All tunes started on Digitakt + A4 + Roland SE02. Some of the background soundscapes added in Logic with Alchemy. Added FX and processing in Logic. Techno and dub techno.

10 Likes

3 tracks. One drum loop, one extremely mangles waveform, and a thru track for Digitone.

Stereo to the max haha. Just a one minute jam :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Octatrack, A4 MK2, Microzwerg and a couple of pedals.

https://soundcloud.com/fifthdragon/the-universe-told-us-what-to-do

(How do I embed soundcloud-tracks?)

2 Likes

Like the vibe to this one…

1 Like

Thanks! I am aiming at making backing tracks for a video game. A little dark, a little gritty, a lil FM haha

1 Like

This is quite polished. Really enjoyable

Embedding should just be pasting the link in…it just kind of happens for me?

Thanks man! Really enjoyed your jam as well! Love the very musical use of scenes there.

Maybe I haven’t got enough posts yet to embed tracks from Soundcloud. I just received a “Level of trust promotion”, so it might just work next time.

1 Like

Yea more than likely a forum feature when you are a bit fresh. Thanks!

Nice stomper, cliche after cliche - still I didn’t receive it as cheesy and it works really well
:slight_smile:

Like all of them, and the covers match really well - perfect expectation management :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a quick shot-techno track I did this very productive Sunday morning:

Hope you enjoy it.

Drums and base are from the AR, Synths from the A4. There are some additional Synths made with Reaktor Blocks. Track is recorded into an Ableton Live template that I have for recording stuff like this, contains a few compressors and two return channels (one reverb, one delay).

Yet no further treatment, I hope I find the time soon to do a tiny amount of refinement in the arrangement and a proper mixdown…

1 Like