Roland SP-404 Mk2 (Part 1)

My boy Big Umami’s been on this for a while…

UTube creator face and all…

3 Likes

Recently got the 404. One thing I’m trying to figure out is if it’s possible to include the effects when converting a pattern to sample? I’ve only managed to get a dry signal when using the new 3.0 firmware bounce pattern to sample feature.

Someone will know, I’ll try it later so I know. It would make sense in one regard that bouncing pattern to sample would bypass the FX. You would have the dry sample to then resample with FX.
An option for both would be a good quality of life improvement.

2 Likes

It does specify in the 3.0 manual that the effects are bypassed when bouncing - it suggests resampling the pattern instead. It would be nice to have the option of FX when bouncing, but at the moment it’s not you, it’s them.

3 Likes

I hate that skipback is disabled when the screensaver is on… I like to hook my SP404 between my radio and speaker and keep having to press something every 9 mins to keep it going. Seems odd to me that you can’t disable the screensaver completely.

EDIT Well it seems I’m a numpty, it’s still running you just need to press a button first to be able to access the sampled audio :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Was this the one that was shared some years back but was web driven? I really liked that - plus it was free… :joy:

If it’s the same one just behind an app/paywall then yeah, was a lot of fun when I used to jump on it with the OT.

Edit - it is the same one! Originally found it from this thread Sample digging

Still free

1 Like

Ah so it is, just not as simple through iPad Safari vs macOS safari. Excellent!

1 Like

King of the hill

17 Likes

Ha. I was about to post it here and you beat me to it.
Thanks for spreading the good word

20 Likes

Was going thru my mkii beats but now realizing what they miss are the five (holding up four fingers) synth tracks! Dope stuff as usual Jon!

1 Like

Not good at math…but music is math…idk

3 Likes

Everything is math.

You produce great stuff, very inspirational. Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

or nothing is math

404 + free time = Awesome! Math bro!

4 Likes

Is there an easier way to go back to the previous sample folder when searching through samples to import other than exiting out completely then going back in or scrolling to the top every time?

1 Like

Much love!

6 Likes

Man, I‘ve been a fan of your music and your lyrical talents for a good while. Really great to see you put out content in such a human, down-to-earth manner, a real inspiration and a great example for others to follow.

2 Likes

Would anyone be able to tell me how many “levels” there are for monitoring the external line in?

When feeding it the DT’s master at around 2oclock it blinks from light orange to a darker orange but not red like it says in the manual.

Doesn’t sound like I’m clipping but pushing it the DT to 100% doesn’t change the color any further.

Looks like firmware version 3.01 is up. I can confirm they ironed out the envelope artefacts issues :slight_smile:

17 Likes