Polyend Tracker

Thanks!! I think I can get by in hopes that it will show up soonish. :smiley: And hopefully you’re correct, new firmware!

Ha…that is the sound pack in question for me as well! Definitely hearing some of that on the snares and hats too.

Is there a quick/easy way to automatically convert multiple samples? Afraid I don’t know much on the topic.

I haven’t actually needed to in a long time. Probably the last time I did this was on a DOS based tracker actually. :smiley: I would guess something like Audacity would, but I’m not a big fan of it in general. I’ll see what I can find that will do the job. (and not be some kinda “freeware+trojan horse” sorta thing) :smiley:

1 Like

First Google result was actually Elektronauts :smiley:

2 Likes

You guys should all use my 808 sounds included in the Tracker, they sound ok :wink:

Joke aside, I havn’t tried this new automatic convertion yet, and was about to actualy. If any of you use Reaper, it has a batch file converter built in that work very well, I used it for all the convertion I needed to do when I was working on my soundpack for the Tracker.

4 Likes

Nice! I use Reaper actually. I was going to try it when I got home.

I actually haven’t made it to your folder of samples yet :stuck_out_tongue: (though I did see it there) That might just do the trick.

1 Like

Shipped. FINALLY!

It’s interesting to see all the comments here discussing trackers vs. Elektron sequencing. I’d always assumed Elektron was deeply into the tracker scene (why else make a synth based on the SID?), and that the much vaunted “Elektron workflow” — with its locks and fast instrument switching — was just a direct translation of a tracker to the step-sequencer interface common to the groovebox form factor.

I mean, if you squint an A4 is just an really nice NES, a DN a Genesis, a DT an Amiga, etc.

So in a way, the PT is just what it looks like if you unfolded an Elektron sequencer and put it on a large screen. It’s a DT unwrapped from the groovebox form factor resulting in a sampler that’s not super palatable to people coming from, say, an MPC, but feels right at home to someone deep in the Elektron mindset.

2 Likes

That’s a decent assessment. I actually like both styles of interface. I would say the Digitakt lends itself more to live performance, jamming, generative, and on the fly type production, while the tracker leans more toward a fully composed and programmed piece of music. (though obviously both can do either) I could see a case for owning both, and being quite happy.

(the Tracker has song mode…)

2 Likes

I think it would be better to say that the elektron sequencer is inspired by trackers. It’s simultaneously similar and different using the PT vs an elektron machine. I can see how the concepts relate, but the flow is different. To me, at least.

3 Likes

I’ll check this out! Thank you!!

That shouldn’t be the solution. You should be able to use your own samples.

It was a joke of course, sorry if it this wasn’t clear :wink:

4 Likes

Adobe Audition does batching conversion.
:+1:t6:

(only mac users)

Myriad rights was acquired by Zynaptic, for now it’s unaccessible for new users but it should at some point…

https://www.zynaptiq.com/macaudioapps/

For now as a replacement i recommend SoundGrinder 4 (not the 3 pro version because it’s too expensive…)

https://www.monkey-tools.com/soundgrinder.html

1 Like

I refuse to use Audition. (I worked on it for a while in QA, and the experience was maddening.) :smiley:

If you go to the “help” tab on Polyend’s site and click on manuals, you should be able to get the Tracker manual there…that’s what I did last night after getting that 404 error myself.

1 Like

Hahaha been there. I helped QA out on a game I werked on. Fuuuuu I hated that game after that. Can’t look at it.

I love Au tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:!
Do you know if i can download the factory sd card content for the tracker? I can’t seem to find it anywhere, but i remember seeing it at some point.

Reading the manual and came across this on the last page, “All the onboard Polyend Tracker demo songs compositions prepared by various artist and samples included in these works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial 4.0 International license.”

Am I understanding correctly that we can not use any included individual samples for a commercial composition?