Polyend Tracker

Hello!
First post for me in this forum :slightly_smiling_face:
I am following this thread for a while and since there are some of my videos here
I decided to also post my latest one with the Tracker.
In this video, I demonstrate I simple method that I use to take advantage of the Slice mode in order to make the synth sounds more interesting and ā€œaliveā€. I have some info about this in the description of the video.

13 Likes

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/

2 Likes

do you have a current link to the app?

great video Miltos, I know youā€™re an artist but youā€™re really good at demoing stuff, I would love to see some more sample editing demos and demos about shifting patterns etcā€¦ on the Polyend tracker from you

1 Like

Hey Milton. How do you do to change randomly the position with the granular sampler? Cool video mate! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, captain! :slightly_smiling_face:
I do intend to make some tutorial type of videos about workflow with the Tracker and tips etc
In the meantime, I am going to share the project files of this song. Itā€™s going to be included in the SD content probably soon. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks!
You can modulate the granular position with an LFO or an envelope :+1:

2 Likes

I remember reading somewhere that the DT work flow was indeed inspired on trackers. Will try to look it up. I think Ricky Tinez said that

Iā€™ll wager @Ess could answer that best :slight_smile:

iā€™ve heard that the digitakt was greatly inspired by protracker ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s more circumstantial really - Iā€™ve mentioned before that the founders of Elektron were all (or at least most) part of the demoscene, and within that scene trackers are the most popular tool for making music. I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence that the Machinedrum introduced some tracker-like thinking in a step sequencer format, but thatā€™s just a guess or extrapolation.

As for the Digitakt - similar story there, many in the team came from a background of making music on computers (etc) using trackers, and for sure that influenced some things but I would not say that the Digitakt was directly inspired by Protracker.

Maybe Iā€™ve given the wrong impression before, but the bottom line is that a lot of people at Elektron have been using trackers for music when growing up, and to some extent that shines through various areas of the Elektron instruments - at least in my opinion.

11 Likes

I recently bought a CV.OCD to be able to control my modular with ease from the Tracker, it work damn well !
First jam over here :

7 Likes

Huh. Local dealer has a few in stock. What are the odds? Iā€™m like in Sweden and stuff.

2 Likes

Buy it and try it, if thatā€™s a possibility. I wish I could.

1 Like

Yeah. Dealer even offers a donā€™t pay till you decide-deal. I can literally bring this home without paying a dime and if I return it within 14 days, Iā€™m clear.

Fateā€™s telling me something, or Iā€™m going deaf.

4 Likes

Be careful what you wish for, hehe. However, you seem to have a solid grasp of what you want / need for production, so the risk of ā€œaccidentallyā€ keeping it is lower than it is for most weaklings, like me.

3 Likes

Haha :slight_smile: I donā€™t know :slight_smile: Iā€™m a writer by profession, Iā€™m pretty good at selling an illusion, including the image of myself.

But either way, I went for it and will pick it up tomorrow and youā€™ll all hear about it, whether you like it or not :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Crap day at work on monday = tracker delivered today! (Iā€™m weak - despite the midi lag issues)

Wow! Iā€™m kind of blown away - itā€™s the most fun thing Iā€™ve played with in ages - only used it for a couple of hours but I think I love it!

3 Likes

Yep, itā€™s pretty much everything Iā€™ve been looking for. I wish it had an FM engine, even if it had to render to samples :slight_smile:

Otherwise though, itā€™s pretty spot on. Iā€™ll just have to load a bunch of FM plinks into it :smiley:

3 Likes

Arenā€™t there a few among the TX7 and VZ10 sounds in my Simulacrum Sounds collection on the included SD card? I canā€™t remember what sorts of FM sounds I put in.

6 Likes