Polyend Tracker

oh dear. GAS rising

it looks super thin and tiny

Any speculation on whether this will be purely sample-based or will feature synthesis? The translated blurb would seem to indicate the latter, but Iā€™m not seeing any dedicated buttons for it (unless it all falls under ā€œinstrument parametersā€). Perhaps it creates instruments from sampled sounds granularly?

1 Like

It looks like the yellow button says ā€œInstrumentā€. And then there are 8 square pads under the screen, along with the grid, and the scroll wheel. So, some built in instrumenting could be possible.

2 Likes

Looks like I picked the wrong year to quit buying equipmentā€¦

19 Likes

2021 is your year for sure!

3 Likes

My guess is the ā€œinstrumentā€ button, along with the other three colored buttons, are for entering the per-step parameters, like you would do with the keyboard on a traditional tracker. Something like: navigate to a step with the arrow keys, hold down ā€œnoteā€ and either turn the knob or press a grid key to enter a note value. Then similarly, you would hold down the ā€œinstrumentā€ key to choose which instrument you want to play the note. I would expect that the eight track keys are just to quickly select which tracker column youā€™re on (and then you can quickly scroll through the steps with the knob.)

Iā€™ll actually be very (pleasantly) surprised if thereā€™s internal synthesis that is not just sample based. Polyend is a small company and theyā€™ve never done a synth before, other than Medusa which was a collaboration with Dreadbox.

1 Like

It would be lovely if each track had 4-note polyphony and you could use it as a synth with the sample source as your oscillator.

Wow, leak, leakā€¦ Thanks LongShoreDrift
Posting this again so we donā€™t need to scroll up all the way :wink:

I am very curious what this Standalone audio workstation can do. Actually I wanted to get a Organelle M soon, now I have to wait for the details of this thing. What is that pad saying next to ā€œinstrumentā€ left?
SAW polyend

2 Likes

Cheers mate

After seeing the price I now wish I didnā€™t know

2 Likes

Real punks track their tracks on a TI-83!

1 Like

I didnā€™t know what a Tracker was. Just looked it up and it made me wince.

1 Like

Final specs will be critical. At first glance, it looks good. The form factor is nice, that big display is nice, and it still has plenty of buttons and that knob. Iā€™m curious. This group definitely comes up with creative gear.

4 Likes

Price?

I think he was talking about the prophet desktop.

1 Like

Covid, interesting typo tho

2 Likes

Looks really promising! Definitely keen to find out how big/heavy it is if its battery powered.

Either individual outs. Or multiple ins with ability to bounce to a DAW to properly master then itā€™s a buy.

Lacking that. Pass.

2 Likes

Damn this looks really interesting. Twelve buttons per row. Definitely not xox style here. If it is really tracker/note/event style Iā€™m thinking they lean on the screen more heavily and maybe the buttons are for clip launching/scene selection. Moar specs!

:partying_face:

1 Like

Lol, is this a mashup of a DT and DN into one slim box?

1 Like