Polyend Tracker

You trying to get flagged? :rofl:

6 Likes

I heard thatā€™s coming in MK2, along with a hologram Aphex Twin that gives you tips and tricks.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Help me aphex twin kenobi, youre my only hope

9 Likes

The Elektron-style sequencer that we know and love is inspired by trackers. I donā€™t remember where I read that but the parallel between the OT and a tracker as been made countless times though.

So, it probably wonā€™t be that much of a niche way of doing things, depending on how they implement it.

1 Like

disappears

2 Likes

Iā€™d wager they invested a lot of time and money getting the AD/DA and internal audio engine to be as high-quality and versatile as possible, within a certain cost limit. Thatā€™s what I figure a lot of the ownership price will be affected by, in addition to the build quality. It seems like it wouldā€™ve been a priority of theirs to make a device that could retain the sonic qualities of recorded analog synths and other sources in as much detail as they could.

5 Likes

I already understand. GREAT! Thanks for that. If this new shiny combines that with some modern sequencer toolsā€¦ Who do I give my money to?

1 Like

From the videos Iā€™ll be pumped to use this with a field recorder and percussion . Turbo fun

4 Likes

me :money_with_wings: :wave::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yeah 2ins/2outs and class compliant audio would be great

1 Like

4 ins and 4 outs would be even better :smiley:

100% agreed. and some cv outs.

I really hope it has good i/o built in otherwise its just another box that needs a million bits of stuff to integrate with anything.

1 Like

5 Likes

Or for the huge niche of people who started on trackers in the 90s, then spent a lot of time in DAWs being fairly productive but never really feeling at home, picked up a bunch of hardware gear over the years having fun jamming but never finished many tracks, and who now feel very nostalgic about the tracker workflow they grew up withā€¦

These Polyend people are going to sell a lot of these if they get things halfway right.

8 Likes

Here comes Dataline!?

6 Likes

Sold. Just waiting

32 Likes

What you did there freaked the hell outta me.

7 Likes

Fine Iā€™ll buy one. But it needs to scroll vertical.

1 Like

Maybe not buying gear in 2020 was just another illusion after all :balloon:

3 Likes