Polyend Tracker

One other item. Maybe it’s been discussed above. (I only joined the club yesterday…) The manual link on Polyend’s site leads to a 404 error. Is that known? Kinda wanted to take a peek at it. I’ve found my way around quite well without it, but it would be good to have.

1 Like

strange, it worked the other day, but I just got the same 404. maybe its a new firmware and manual coming?

I have a copy saved and can try to send it to you.

not able to upload it here.

2 Likes

Thanks!! I think I can get by in hopes that it will show up soonish. :smiley: And hopefully you’re correct, new firmware!

Ha…that is the sound pack in question for me as well! Definitely hearing some of that on the snares and hats too.

Is there a quick/easy way to automatically convert multiple samples? Afraid I don’t know much on the topic.

I haven’t actually needed to in a long time. Probably the last time I did this was on a DOS based tracker actually. :smiley: I would guess something like Audacity would, but I’m not a big fan of it in general. I’ll see what I can find that will do the job. (and not be some kinda “freeware+trojan horse” sorta thing) :smiley:

1 Like

First Google result was actually Elektronauts :smiley:

2 Likes

You guys should all use my 808 sounds included in the Tracker, they sound ok :wink:

Joke aside, I havn’t tried this new automatic convertion yet, and was about to actualy. If any of you use Reaper, it has a batch file converter built in that work very well, I used it for all the convertion I needed to do when I was working on my soundpack for the Tracker.

4 Likes

Nice! I use Reaper actually. I was going to try it when I got home.

I actually haven’t made it to your folder of samples yet :stuck_out_tongue: (though I did see it there) That might just do the trick.

1 Like

Shipped. FINALLY!

It’s interesting to see all the comments here discussing trackers vs. Elektron sequencing. I’d always assumed Elektron was deeply into the tracker scene (why else make a synth based on the SID?), and that the much vaunted “Elektron workflow” — with its locks and fast instrument switching — was just a direct translation of a tracker to the step-sequencer interface common to the groovebox form factor.

I mean, if you squint an A4 is just an really nice NES, a DN a Genesis, a DT an Amiga, etc.

So in a way, the PT is just what it looks like if you unfolded an Elektron sequencer and put it on a large screen. It’s a DT unwrapped from the groovebox form factor resulting in a sampler that’s not super palatable to people coming from, say, an MPC, but feels right at home to someone deep in the Elektron mindset.

2 Likes

That’s a decent assessment. I actually like both styles of interface. I would say the Digitakt lends itself more to live performance, jamming, generative, and on the fly type production, while the tracker leans more toward a fully composed and programmed piece of music. (though obviously both can do either) I could see a case for owning both, and being quite happy.

(the Tracker has song mode…)

2 Likes

I think it would be better to say that the elektron sequencer is inspired by trackers. It’s simultaneously similar and different using the PT vs an elektron machine. I can see how the concepts relate, but the flow is different. To me, at least.

3 Likes

I’ll check this out! Thank you!!

That shouldn’t be the solution. You should be able to use your own samples.

It was a joke of course, sorry if it this wasn’t clear :wink:

4 Likes

Adobe Audition does batching conversion.
:+1:t6:

(only mac users)

Myriad rights was acquired by Zynaptic, for now it’s unaccessible for new users but it should at some point…

https://www.zynaptiq.com/macaudioapps/

For now as a replacement i recommend SoundGrinder 4 (not the 3 pro version because it’s too expensive…)

https://www.monkey-tools.com/soundgrinder.html

1 Like

I refuse to use Audition. (I worked on it for a while in QA, and the experience was maddening.) :smiley:

If you go to the “help” tab on Polyend’s site and click on manuals, you should be able to get the Tracker manual there…that’s what I did last night after getting that 404 error myself.

1 Like

Hahaha been there. I helped QA out on a game I werked on. Fuuuuu I hated that game after that. Can’t look at it.

I love Au tho :slight_smile:

1 Like