I’m announcing Overwitch, a JACK client for Overbridge 2 devices. It has only been tested on Linux but it should work on every system that is using JACK as the audio server and has support for the
It’s more than usable at the moment for monitoring and recording into Ardour with a RT kernel with a 64 frames buffer.
Overwitch latency is below 6 ms when using 64 frames buffer in JACK for similar sample rates.
Currently, it has some limitations.
- Only a single instance of Overwitch can be run at the same time. If you have several devices, use only one at a time for now. This happens because the device is detected automatically. This surely will change in the future.
- Only Digitakt and Digitone are supported but for every device working alike we could add a new device description that could hopefully work. Take a look at the README.md file and the source code for more information about this.
- No MIDI support yet but I’m starting to think about the implementation as the reverse engineering is alredy done.
- It is unknown if Overbridge 1 devices will work but you can try it out using the same approach above.
- No UI. Perhaps a minimal status window could be useful. But the goal of this project is not to provide a full featured visual interface like Overbridge is.
I hope you find this useful.