Overbridge [pre-announcement and June 2015 launch]

There is now a dedicated Overbidge Forum, probably a good idea to take a lot of the open questions on this thread and make them individual posts in the Overbridge forum.

Cheers man, but I have all the right things ticked in the DAW and on the unit but still no joy. I even handshake the midi and nothing in or out. That’s why I think their must be something conflicting in the sapphire mix control. I hate that software too but the hardware is great.

To test OB this is how I’ve been doing it too. A4 into individual tracks and ALL audio out of the master output which is going out of the main LR outputs on the A4.

I don’t see why you need to mute the DAW master bus when you want to record the A4 main output (FX). I don’t have to do that…

Here you will find all:
http://www.elektronauts.com/forums/view/53

All the best,

waldemaR

In my case I use the A4 as an audio interface (with Overbridge as an editor) with Sonar. The A4 tracks into their own audio channels, and Sonar’s master bus to the main outs of the A4.

In this scenario the A4 tracks must be disabled on the main outs, while the FX is enabled so that it is monitored together with the DAW output.

To capture the FX I need to mute the DAW’s master bus and record the A4 main outs while playing back the A4 parts.
[/quote]
To test OB this is how I’ve been doing it too. A4 into individual tracks and ALL audio out of the master output which is going out of the main LR outputs on the A4.

I don’t see why you need to mute the DAW master bus when you want to record the A4 main output (FX). I don’t have to do that…

[/quote]
If I don’t it records everything that’s physically coming out of them (what you hear), not just the FX.

This version of the BETA for a few months, but not for the stable release.

I’ve got Overbridge running in Maschine without any sound dropouts but I’m using OSX not Windows.
Its not without issues though, for some stupidly annoying reason the individual outputs in Overbridge play back in Maschine on alternating speakers. For example, Trk 1 - left speaker, Trk 2 -right speaker, Trk 3 - left speaker etc.

[quote="“biologik”"]

Use the 4 tracks as normal, but use the main LR as FX ONLY (ie. not with the synth sounds). This is what you’re looking for.

So, tracks 1-4 would be dry, and main LR would only be the FX output. [/quote]
This is what I was looking for, thanks.
I’m aware there are only one set of FX for ALL tracks, mixed in at varying levels per track… it’s not unlike my E-MU MP7 :slight_smile:

I’ve got Overbridge running in Maschine without any sound dropouts but I’m using OSX not Windows.
Its not without issues though, for some stupidly annoying reason the individual outputs in Overbridge play back in Maschine on alternating speakers. For example, Trk 1 - left speaker, Trk 2 -right speaker, Trk 3 - left speaker etc.
[/quote]
Did you try exporting to Audio? I only get a blank WAV file.

I don’t have that problem – you may need to double check your mixing outputs in the VSTi (the little boxes with squares). Basically, I have each individual track on it’s own + the FX track. All audio comes out of the main LR of my A4. I can record each individual track with no issues…

On my setup, all little boxes are turned OFF.

[/quote]
Did you try exporting to Audio? I only get a blank WAV file.[/quote]
Yes the same here, when i try and use the audio drag function it just creates a blank file, i don’t even think its a wav because it creates it in a couple of seconds.
Sampling into Maschine works fine though and this would be the usual workflow for external instruments so perhaps it is a limitation of Maschine and not a problem with Overbridge.

I haven’t tried OB in Maschine yet, but Maschine was always a pain in the neck for external mono instruments, e.g. trying to bring my 303 into it, I’d only be able to have it on the left or right channel - I needed to add a mono>stereo VST to get it on both channels. So maybe this is still a problem with Maschine (I haven’t tried any of this with v2.2 or higher).

[quote="“NickD”"]

I haven’t tried OB in Maschine yet, but Maschine was always a pain in the neck for external mono instruments, e.g. trying to bring my 303 into it, I’d only be able to have it on the left or right channel - I needed to add a mono>stereo VST to get it on both channels. So maybe this is still a problem with Maschine (I haven’t tried any of this with v2.2 or higher).[/quote]
Yes Maschine still has that same behaviour. I get round it by using an empty instance of Guitar Rig which can output mono to stereo. Bit of a waste of computer resources but it works with Overbridge so thats good for now.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Over bridge works/doesn’t work on my____computer

A post was merged into an existing topic: OS 1.20B locks up A4 when in Arp setup

A post was merged into an existing topic: Standalone OB for patch management (Or Reason Rack Extension)?

I am happy to see overbridge [beta], but in a developers eyes this might be the topic of hell…

1. We need a digital kill switch… Hitting stop twice works good, but many issues with sustains dragging out. Kind of an easy fix to drop all release to 0 and push a trigless trig. Harder now if the gear is further away.

2. Access to the voice settings per track via GUI (like kit poly, that doesn’t seem to work right)

3. Take a nap, drink some beers, you devs deserve it.