Overbridge [pre-announcement and June 2015 launch]

Please send a bug report. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: [/quote]
two separate tickets created for these issues. Thanks and great job on this so far!! IT ROCKS!

So I heard somebody say that itā€™s an impossibility to get the A4ā€™s effects on the individual tracks (like it sounds on the hardware alone)? That would not be good - Iā€™d have to recreate/approximate my FX settings in Ableton with different tools, in which case, why not just record the mains and skip OB if Iā€™m going to have to totally rework tracks in the DAW just to get it to sound like it does standalone? FX are part of sound design, take that out and Iā€™m not able to record it how it how it was intended.

Iā€™d like some confirmation this is true (FX canā€™t be applied to the individual channels when recording them independently) - if it is, why even have FX controls for each sound in OB?

That is a hardware limitation. There is 1 chorus, 1 delay and 1 reverbā€¦ not 4 of each in the hardware.

That is a hardware limitation. There is 1 chorus, 1 delay and 1 reverbā€¦ not 4 of each in the hardware.[/quote]
If I can have the FX, of which there is only one Chorus, Reverb, and Delay that I can share between all 4 tracks, applied to varying degrees per track before it hits the main outs, why is this not possible to hear via OB?

This doesnā€™t require having 4 of each.

Look at it this way- there is only one delay available. Say you send track 1 to it at 50%, and track 2 at 75%. The sounds of track 1 and 2 are still mixed together through the delay, and there is no way to have each track separately come out of that one delay.

It sounds like you are talking about keeping each track separate, as far as I know you can still send them all to the master out with various amounts of FX applied, you just canā€™t treat all 4 tracks differently and keep them as separate tracks.

That is a hardware limitation. There is 1 chorus, 1 delay and 1 reverbā€¦ not 4 of each in the hardware.[/quote]
If I can have the FX, of which there is only one Chorus, Reverb, and Delay that I can share between all 4 tracks, applied to varying degrees per track before it hits the main outs, why is this not possible to hear via OB?

[/quote]
Use the 4 tracks as normal, but use the main LR as FX ONLY (ie. not with the synth sounds). This is what youā€™re looking for.

So, tracks 1-4 would be dry, and main LR would only be the FX output.

[/quote]
Use the 4 tracks as normal, but use the main LR as FX ONLY (ie. not with the synth sounds). This is what youā€™re looking for.

So, tracks 1-4 would be dry, and main LR would only be the FX output.[/quote]
In my case I use the A4 as an audio interface (with Overbridge as an editor) with Sonar. The A4 tracks into their own audio channels, and Sonarā€™s master bus to the main outs of the A4.

In this scenario the A4 tracks must be disabled on the main outs, while the FX is enabled so that it is monitored together with the DAW output.

To capture the FX I need to mute the DAWā€™s master bus and record the A4 main outs while playing back the A4 parts.

Ha!. Iā€™m starting to recall why I opted for more hardware several years backā€¦

Iā€™m using Maschine v2.3 on Win7 64 bit and having issues. It works for about 10 minutes then the volume drops to 25% and then eventually all but track 1 goes out completely. This happens on both the 32 and 64 bit version of Maschine.

Anyone else using Maschine and have it working?

has anyone got automation working in ableton , when I turn anything on the a4 there are no automation lanes showing in arrangement or session when I try and record into a clip.

Where do you guys place the VST in the project?
Do you place it on every midi track sending midi to the A4? or on a separate track?

Anyone getting super slow latency when using aggregate device? A4+focusrite in my case.

Cheers,

Automation is recorded an played back, but the OB-GUI doesnā€™t display these changes when playing back. Sorry, thatā€™s on Cubase.

I had to learn that the GUI stucks in the last (GUI-)edited track. When calling up the VST on the current track (i.e. 3) it remains in track 1, the last edited.

I suspect the USB-connections in my rig responsible for that, today I will switch the A4 to an MTT-Hub.

There is now a dedicated Overbidge Forum, probably a good idea to take a lot of the open questions on this thread and make them individual posts in the Overbridge forum.

Cheers man, but I have all the right things ticked in the DAW and on the unit but still no joy. I even handshake the midi and nothing in or out. Thatā€™s why I think their must be something conflicting in the sapphire mix control. I hate that software too but the hardware is great.

To test OB this is how Iā€™ve been doing it too. A4 into individual tracks and ALL audio out of the master output which is going out of the main LR outputs on the A4.

I donā€™t see why you need to mute the DAW master bus when you want to record the A4 main output (FX). I donā€™t have to do thatā€¦

Here you will find all:
http://www.elektronauts.com/forums/view/53

All the best,

waldemaR

In my case I use the A4 as an audio interface (with Overbridge as an editor) with Sonar. The A4 tracks into their own audio channels, and Sonarā€™s master bus to the main outs of the A4.

In this scenario the A4 tracks must be disabled on the main outs, while the FX is enabled so that it is monitored together with the DAW output.

To capture the FX I need to mute the DAWā€™s master bus and record the A4 main outs while playing back the A4 parts.
[/quote]
To test OB this is how Iā€™ve been doing it too. A4 into individual tracks and ALL audio out of the master output which is going out of the main LR outputs on the A4.

I donā€™t see why you need to mute the DAW master bus when you want to record the A4 main output (FX). I donā€™t have to do thatā€¦

[/quote]
If I donā€™t it records everything thatā€™s physically coming out of them (what you hear), not just the FX.

This version of the BETA for a few months, but not for the stable release.

Iā€™ve got Overbridge running in Maschine without any sound dropouts but Iā€™m using OSX not Windows.
Its not without issues though, for some stupidly annoying reason the individual outputs in Overbridge play back in Maschine on alternating speakers. For example, Trk 1 - left speaker, Trk 2 -right speaker, Trk 3 - left speaker etc.

[quote="ā€œbiologikā€"]

So, tracks 1-4 would be dry, and main LR would only be the FX output. [/quote]
This is what I was looking for, thanks.
Iā€™m aware there are only one set of FX for ALL tracks, mixed in at varying levels per trackā€¦ itā€™s not unlike my E-MU MP7 :slight_smile: