Procedure (empty project):

• create software instrument track with AR multi-output
  • create aux track for BD
    All plays well at this point
    -send BD aux to bus 1
    All plays well at this point
  • create audio track with input as bus 1
    All plays well UNTIL I stop play back and start to monitor and record

After that the whole AR is distorted and only sounds correct after I delete the audio channel.

I’ve followed a few of the guides in the forum.

I have also tried in Ableton and it works fine there. Logic 10.6 issue? Anyone else experience something similar? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Anybody? Maybe I should raise a support ticket on this?

This sounds like a Logic setup issue to me. I don’t have an AR, but are you monitoring though both OB and the audio track? Try muting the audio track perhaps.

Thanks for the reply. No I tried muting the audio track also. The thing is even if I just send the BD (for example) to the aux and audio track (and remove it from the main out) the whole thing distorts - snare, hats etc.

I think I followed the setup procedure that others had successfully done and advised on here.

Oh, that is weird. That it is only happening when you are recording perhaps suggests something is up with the monitoring. Not sure I can be that much help, but perhaps try routing the main out from the AR to another bus and audio track, monitor that instead, and then mute the OB track?

Probably not going to help with this at all, but if you’re not using input monitoring you might want to give it a go – it enables flexibility when working with multi-out recordings IMO (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcpbfbefa96/mac)

I haven’t used OB with Logic 10.6 so it’s possible there is an issue but no-one else had reported on it AFAIK.

Also, there is an AR Overbridge Logic template on here somewhere (ah, found it: Analog Rytm MkII – Logic Pro X/Overbridge 2.0.37 Template here). Maybe try that?

Thanks. I’ll hopefully have time to give that a try this evening.

@ianmckenzie It needs an update; as far as I can tell they removed the 10xMono option in 2.0.41, which broke the template. It needs rewiring with the 10xStereo, which appears (for me at least) to be the only plugin option left. Can either of you confirm it’s broken for you? I wonder if it’s just my installation that’s duff. I can’t quite believe they removed a thing which broke all my previous projects and my template, so I’m suspecting my installation.

Options I have are Stereo or Multi Output (10xStereo). No options for 10xMono.

Ok thanks, I’ll update it.

Hi! I’m having a similar problem with Logic and A4 mkII. Sound from A4 becomes completely distorted when I press play in Logic, UNLESS the channel with the overbridge plugin is record armed. The problem also remains when I stop the playback and just press some keys directly on my device. Strangely enough, everything goes back to normal when I record arm the OB channel again.
I’m not 100% certain because I haven’t been using overbridge with logic a lot, but I am pretty sure everything used to work fine before 10.6 update.

1 Like

I have the same problem with Logic 10.6. When i hit play sound becomes distorted…I had no problem before with overbridge and Logic…

1 Like

I’ve got Logic 10.4.8 on my older MacBook. I’ll give it a try on that and report back.

Has anyone found a solution with Logic 10.6 and overbridge distorted sound???

my solution, use Ableton.

In all seriousness I’ve found it so difficult to get either my DN or the ARmkII which i sold, to work well at all…I used to use Logic as my main DAW…yet so easy in ableton where OB is concerned…

I love recording audio directly into Logic as I feel it has better sound quality and far easier to slice up audio. I love the instruments. Ive just had to adapt and use ableton to record my individual tracks an drag and drop to Logic…

I used Ableton for many years…Can’t shape my sound as i want there…You must be a magician to make it sound as you want that’s why you see so many effects and compressors etc. in every tutorial…Logic is another story…

Late to the party here, but in my case, it’s a Logic 10.6 (or 10.6.1) issue. Completely borked overbridge sound quality for both an AR MK2 and Digitakt. Wasn’t unique to my set up, as I was able to recreate it on two different MACs.

Downgrading to Logic 10.5.1 did the trick. Hopefully you’ve got it on a backup somewhere. Just make sure to disable auto software updates in the App Store.

In the future, back up Logic before manually running an update. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202992

Worked for me, hopefully it gets you somewhere.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with LPX 10.6 and A4mkII. Woks fine when Overbridge on active track, but as soon as I move away and choose another track audio gets distorted. Could it be something about PDC on active vs non active track? Tried everything I could think of but just heavy distortion… any other ideas for someone who hasn’t saved 10.5 as backup?

Having the same issue with both my DN and AR MKII. Anyone in contact with Elektron about this?

Noticed the same issue today. I’m currently working with the A4 and DT. Running one instance of overbridge seems to work fine but the second i add another one the DT channel start distorting right away.