Logic Pro X + Overbridge + Digi´s

Hey I am also in the same boat – I can’t get the fx to show up for aux 9. Can you be as specific as possible describing how you routed the wet?

I’ve just recorded a tutorial on my preferred way to configure Overbridge and route the audio within Logic so that you can record each individual track to audio regions, including the internal FX on the main track and the external inputs. Hope this helps some people (@aquinas you inspired me to record it so thank you!) :

6 Likes

this is amazing thank you so much!

1 Like

Me: I followed your instructions (on a digitone) and it works but whenever I try to record the sounds all sound bit crushed or super phased or something, any clue what this could be caused by?

Dave: I’m sorry Zamai, I can’t think why that would be. The only thing that might come to mind is if you’re monitoring the sound of the Digitone through the tracks in Logic and through some other means at the same time. The slightly different delay between the two methods of monitoring might be causing some phase cancellation issues which might be what you’re hearing. I’d recommend visiting the Elektronauts forums and see if anyone can help you with your specific problem.

Now me: I feel like this is exactly what is happening but I don’t know how to solve it, can anyone help? I turned all other monitoring off but it doesn’t help. It only does it after trying to record. Before I try to record it sounds normal. PLEASE I am so close.

Weniger anzeigen

Logic 10.6? Maybe the same issue as this thread.

1 Like

@zamal.wav: @Kpucskimight be right about this. I’m using Logic Pro 10.5.1 still, I haven’t upgraded to 10.6 yet. Are you on 10.6?

I’ve had a look at your screenshot and everything seems fine, except that you have Bus 6 as the input for your blue track Digitone Master, but I can’t see anything feeding Bus 6. I don’t think this is your issue though.

Yes it automatically updated it for me to 10.6 :confused:
I read the other thread and I guess we just have to wait and see if they fix the issue. I hope so.
I’ll have to rewatch your tutorial and try it again because I can’t remember what is with the Bus 6. What should the input be?

Thanks for the great YouTube tutorial. Just watched in the hope I can get my DT running properly into Logic.

Catalina and 10.6 is most likely the problem but I get distorted, glitchy sound whenever I press play. Sometimes nothing at all and then a blip of reverb / delay when I press stop. It’s driving me crazy.

Just a vent I guess. Needed to get it off my chest!

1 Like

Is the the behaviour caused by Catalina / 10.6? I’ve got a feeling I’ve got some underlying setting incorrect that might be causing or adding to this.

Sounds very similar to when I used to overload the CPU years and years ago when adding one too many plug ins.

I confirm CPU is barely registering any activity so it’s not that.

Logic 10.6 is not compatible with OB currently, Elektron are working on a fix: Elektronauts

Thanks. I didn’t have it working before so can’t sense check whether it’s set up properly.

Anyone know how to get a downgrade to 10.5 on Catalina?

If you have a time machine backup you could bring that back, otherwise it might be difficult :disappointed:

Has anyone here had an issue where the audio coming in from the Digi is visible on the virtual instrument track, but for some reason it can’t be heard? The audio also is routed to an audio track via a bus, but the audio isn’t there either. All other audio coming into and out of Logic is acting normally, I just can’t hear the Digi even though I can see it!

It’s strange. I used some of this thread to make this work a few months ago. Saved myself a Logic template so I didn’t have to think about the setup again. Didn’t touch the setup for a while, and today I want to record projects I’ve been working on. But I can’t hear anything! It’s pretty clearly a Logic setting I am not finding here.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Sorry if it’s not enough information, and using this as a Logic help center.

Can you clarify this? “Isn’t there” as in cannot be heard, or is it not printing any audio/waveform?

What are you monitoring the other audio through?

A few more details would be helpful.

1 Like

Do you see the meters in Logic moving for the DT or just in the virtual?

• Is the DT in USB or OB mode?
  • Is DT part of an aggregate?
  • If you’ve got it in an aggregate, do you have the correct inputs selected?
1 Like

I was able to see (but not hear) the audio hitting the Digitakt Plugin tracks, but it wasn’t routing to the audio tracks it was bussed to. It was properly routed to audio tracks so this wasn’t the issue. I was monitoring through my interface. I did not have it set up as an aggregate.

Honestly, I feel dumb. I had this working once just this way. After setting and resetting everything I could yesterday, I had it working again, then it stopped. I’m not sure what I did to make it work or stop working this way. Also Logic seems to have changed what it’s using for input/output on it’s own. I need to figure this out though, as I know this can work the way I want.

I think setting up and aggregate might be what I should be doing. What I would like is to be able to use the Digi via overbridge, AND use the other gear it’s controlling through my interface and monitor through it all at once. Basically, I want to completely multitrack my Dawless gear all at once. 8 tracks and FX from the Digi, then 3 stereo and 1 mono track via my interface into the computer. All audio out via that same interface.
Can you confirm that aggregate is the way to go and perhaps point me to a good way to set that up?

1 Like

Yes, OB, No, n/a.
Kpucski asked essentially the same things. You can see my more detailed response to him above.
I appreciate the help!

aggregate when using OB and a separate IO

2 Likes

You don’t need to aggregate, though. It should work without making an aggregate device. It’s more likely that there’s a setting in logic that’s messing up: maybe look into the monitoring options?