Overbridge 2.0.31 Public Beta

I was told by a gentleman on a digitakt Facebook page, that if you want to record with fx, to use the capture feature within the standalone plug in, record your tracks, and then import the tracks separately into ableton.

Digitakt latest version 2.0.31 on Sierra 10.12.6. If I try to manage samples from within Plugin or Standalone, the feature will crash and the left sample window goes blank. In some cases, Iā€™ve had an error screen appear on the Digitakt that is mostly rows of special characters. Iā€™ve rolled back to previous versions and no matter what Iā€™m not able to manage samples for my projects within doing it directly on the Digitakt.

Indeed still tries to measure over here, but still says ā€˜ā€˜faultā€™ā€™ in the known procedure.

1 Like

Analog Four MK1
Ableton Live 10.1.7
Overbridge 2.0.31
Windows 10:

So earlier in this topic, I mentioned that there where a few sync issues. These issues are not a few anymore but all the time. In the video attached to this message you can see what is happening. The metronome you hear is from Live. The tempo is slower on the AF and there are glitches in the sound.

Iā€™ve setup overbridge as the manual of the overbridge beta recommends.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvaO-SP7lPKwjM0Y0f9L2nyKk3hExw?e=jAUE7V

So tested
Overbridge 2.0.31
Digitone 1.21
Bitwig 3.1.2
Reaper 6.03
Win 10

In Reaper there are major synchronization issues. Apart from that there is no problem for audio monitoring all channels. Also I am able to create 4 midi tracks and set them to receive input from a keyboard controller on midi channels 1-4 and output their input accordingly to the Digitone plugin channel. All works fine and addressing each channel from my keyboard triggers tracks 1-4 correctly. If someone fixes sync, Reaper is good to go with overbridge.
In Bitwig sync is spot on. The plugin loads ok and I am able to monitor all of the audio channels on separate tracks. Mapping a keyboard to 4 separate midi (instr) channels and have them output to the Digitone plugin channel also works fine as long as you keep monitoring on each midi channel checked and set their output to Digitone THE PLUGIN NOT THE TRACK. You can set which midi channel each track addresses by adjusting the number next to each midi trackā€™s Digitone output

1 Like

Hi there,

I am running Sierra 10.13.6 on my Mac Book Pro and running the firmware 1.50A on my analog Rytm.
I now tried to get a connection using Overbridge 2.0.31ā€¦But I wonā€™t workā€¦Can you please help out?

Thx and greetings
Chris from Germany

Iā€™ve managed to install Overbridge 2.0.31.1b on a VirtualBox installation of Windows 10.

The Analog 4 is recognised by Ovebridge, but all of the GUI windows are upside-down and reversed:

If I click in the place where a control is expected to be, the control will often appear the correct way around, but obviously this isnā€™t usable.

Am I right in recalling a previous report of something like this happening? (I searched the forum but couldnā€™t find anything though.) And is there any fix known? I have no idea if this is caused by Windows running on Virtualbox (on Manjaro Linux) and i donā€™t have a Windows 10 computer available to test it otherwise. Iā€™ve re-installed Overbridge and restarted Windows 10 several times with no effect.

2 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

FYI: Running macOS 10.15.4 (Beta 2)

FYI - Ovebridge 2.0.31.1 installation successful on WIN7 and WIN8 (Analog Heat mkII). Step by step - Restart WIN to uninstall the previous version with 7 (F7) option from advanced startup, uninstall older version of Overbridge (with old installer - option remove), connect device, check Device manager (hidden devices, USB serial bus, software devices, soundcard drivers and sound inputs and outputs for possible uninstalled old drivers - if found - uninstall manually). Restart again with 7 (F7) option from advanced startup (no checks for signed drivers). Keep device connected via USB. Install new version. Restart again. Check Overbridge device status. Status supposed to be idle or active. If your device is not detected, check Device manager - USB serial Bus - check if the driver is listed.

Interesting, you might just want to set up a dual boot system that allows you to boot into W10 and avoid the hassleā€¦

I just tried the standalone for my RYTM mkII. Its awesome! This is the best way to record drums, IMO. It dumps super accurate, no jitter WAV files into a folder and then you can just drop them into the DAW. Select them all at once and pull them the first bar and then chop away the dead space before the first hit.

This is THE way to record the RYTM, imo. I really like OB in Ableton as well, but this is even better.

1 Like

Thanks, but Iā€™m trying to avoid dual-booting ; I use Linux 95% of the time, so having a virtual Windows 10 for trying Overbridge out is my best and handiest option - I realise I wonā€™t be able to actually use it for recording on a much slower virtual box, but itā€™d be nice to try it out in a newer version.

It works great at least!
Thanks
Ableton 9.7.

Works great but it does not work with my usb hub and I only have two ports on my Macbook pro.
Where can I find some supported usb hubs? What makes a usb hub compatible?
I find overhub too expensive and technologically depleted at this point.

There are a few threads but here is the biggest:

You want ā€œmttā€

3 Likes

Thanks,
I read all those threads and Iā€™m even more confused, especially because Amazon does not deliver in Romania. I have a Digitakt and a Digitone so multi TT shouldnā€™t be a problem because they are both USB 2.0.

I have overbridge on my windows pc for a year and it works perfectly but i just bought a macbook pro tried to connect my digitakt but i see it as a stand alone and on the engine it says ā€œidleā€ but when i open the Digitakt plug in it says it doesnt communicate with the engine :confused: any ideas?
running mac os mojave digitakt latest update and the plug in too

and im using Ableton 10 !!!

If you want the hub to have full bandwidth for both products, you want MTT. The implementation is what makes the problem. And you donā€™t have to buy from Amazon :slight_smile:

They shouldnā€™t be too hard to find or expensive these says, itā€™s a cheap and effective upgrade.

2 Likes