Overbridge 2.0.31 Public Beta

Another option, if your MBP has Thunderbolt is a Thunderbolt dock with multiple USB ports.
These are different from hubs.

I use an old IOGEAR TB2 dock that gives me 3 USB 3.0 over Thunderbolt 2. All at full bandwidth.

That said, my MTT USB hubs are just as functional and problem free.

2 Likes

Im on the newest Beta, windows 10 using an Analog Rytm mk2 with the standalone OB app.

What I am dealing with is at the bottom of the screen it says “synchronizing with the device, this may take a short while”. Well it has been 15 minutes and has not synced. I restarted the engine software and the standalone program and that doesn’t seem to fix it.

Anything I should do or check? The knobs already map to to the gui in the plugin and it shows all my sounds loaded properly. But I want to bounce audio down so I’d like to get it synced before I do that.

So assuming on your AR in settings|usb config you have overbridge checked, does the AR prompt you to click yes to sync? This tricked me the first time because I was so focussed on the software and my computer I didnt look at the AR and didnt notice that it was waiting for me.

Yeah I have overbridge checked in settings. Just tried again and my AR doesn’t prompt me at all. Also I noticed that my USB interface has been getting clicks and pops in projects that never did before. I am starting to wonder if I need to mess with USB, maybe the bandwdith is being choked, I dont know. I hgave done all the power suspension optimizations on my PC to make sure USB is always on. Device Manager shows no errors either. The AR has it’s own slot, I don’t use hubs and I have a newer i5-8400 with a lot of USB 3.0 inputs.

Its odd because everything was working fine a few days ago. This is frustrating.

Can someone suggest what USB port I should use with my analog RYTM mkII and overbridge? Im having some serious issues getting this to work. I have an RME in my USB2.0 slot, and that has to be there. I have another slot next to it but I am not sure if I want them to share hubs. I have 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 and 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1.

Searched everywhere and not seeing what is recommended.

I think it does say somewhere in the notes for OB that it requires a direct connection to computer’s USB (i.e. no hubs) - interested if this is not true, and if you get it to work using a hub, or what you experience if you try connecting directly.
edit: my bad I misunderstood when you said “hubs” you didn’t mean external usb hubs. Hope you get it worked out…

1 Like

Hi guys,
Thank you for suggestions and advice. I ended up buying a a cheap(16 euros) USB 2.0(7 ports) hub with a power brick included and it works flawlessly(DT, DN, Roland TR08, Microfreak). The manufacturer is Hama.

https://ro.hama.com/00039859/hama-usb-20-hub-17-with-power-supply-black-cardboard-box?srcLang=27&targetLang=1

I second that. It would be so important to sort out the heavy crackles / glitches while syncing up.
The only workaround atm is to begin 2 bars earlier and cut away the ugly noises while Digitakt is syncing up (it needs 1,5 bars to do so). Please put effort in making it work with Reaper. Thank you.

1 Like

Blockquote They shouldn’t be too hard to find or expensive these says

that was the actual problem, they are hard to find and Google search is not effective because they advertise you al kind of not related products. Even some of the products recomended here on the forum have dead links on Amazon. Regarding the MTT, as the Overbridge 2.0 manual states: it is required when you connect a MK1 Elektron device(usb 1.1).

Anyhow, it was a trial and error process, I tried with 4 USB 3.0 hubs and none of them worked.

Check the mtt hub threads here on Elektronauts for known mtt hubs

1 Like

Seems to me that different setups may affect the choice: hub, type of hub or no hub.

I’m on an old-ish win10 machine where I use two 7 port hubs (one is an overhub and the other is a TP-Link USB 3.0 7 Port USB Hub - which cost lest than half the price of the overhub). Both are plugged into the same SilverStone EC04E USB 3.0 PCI-E card. I’m using all the ports on the overbridge and 3 on the tp-link - all for usb2 devices, mainly synths, including a AR mkII and an A4 mkII. Both elektron devices work for me in bitwig overbridge, and both work when plugged into either hub.

I know this goes against the recommendations in the OB manual, so take it or leave it.

Interestingly the behringer synth tool app fails to recognize any of my B synths - but they all receive midi just fine. Go figure.

Yeah my overbridge started failing to sync and then my ableton projects started acting up. It seemed like my usb soundcard was somehow affected by this. So i deleted ob and will reinstall and try again. Im also trying it plugged in on a different usb slot. Its quite tough to diagnose all these things and actually pinpointing what the problem is.

1 Like

Installed and now Overbridge engine doesn’t recognise my Digitone at all. On MacOS Yosemite.

it’s a common issue, especially on Catalina. still waiting for Elektron to fix it, it’s almost two months now

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’ve taken a screenshot here to show you everything as it is. software has all the relevant permissions, my laptop is seeing the digitakt, which is set to overbridge mode, not usb hub mode, and am on MacOS 10.15.3

I can’t find a solution! :frowning:

Maybe this has been already discussed but I couldn’t find it.

This is about controlling an A4 mk1 with latest OB version on a high Sierra

When selecting modulation destinations in overbridge the parameter has to be selected 2 to 3 times for it to actually change to the new destination. So far it has been consistent across all destinations and sources (envelopes, lfo’s, macro’s).
It’s not a big problem but slightly odd and easy to overlook when feverishly working on a patch.

Haven’t checked yet if it’s the same when choosing parameters on the A4 itself btw but if it had been the same I’m sure it would have already been more widely discussed.

It seems that I have a driver problem here on Windows 10, maybe someone can help.

I have an AR and A4. Both are on the same USB hub. After installing Overbridge, the A4 has 2 drivers in the device manager (one of them with MIDI in the name). The A4 is recognized by Overbridge and so far working fine.

The AR has only one driver - Microsoft USB audio, not Elektron. It doesn’t show up in Overbridge. When uninstalled, the Microsoft driver is installed again automatically. I tried to force the Elektron drivers on it by manually selecting them, tried the one with MIDI, tried the one without - doesn’t help, it still doesn’t show in Overbridge, and it stays one device where it should be two.

What can I do?

Hi guys, I am using the latest Overbridge with my Digitone running at firmware ver. 1.21. When I record audio (master) through Overbridge standalone to a wav, the recorded audio appear to be too quiet, peak at around -31db. Because the output format is 24-bit 48kHz, I can still increase the level after recording without any audible artifacts; still, it looks like an issue to me… Any ideas how to fix that? Thanks for support.

That headroom is built. The solution is to normalize after capture. It’s by design from what we’ve heard so far. There’s no line noise to amplify really.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s good to go!