OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Thank you!
I’m not sure if I’m following correctly, though.

What I’m essentially looking for is an LFO with a duration longer than that of the track length, and even the pattern length if possible. I want the LFO to start from the beginning only when pressing the play button, or starting the sequencer from an external source.

One way that I would like to use this, is to generate melodies with an LFO affecting the SRC PTCH of a one-shot sound in a step sequence, like a conga, or synth shot. I would want the track length to be 16 steps or less, to easily adjust the rhythm on the fly, but have the LFO-generated “pitch sequence” go on for a longer duration.

Another way might be to open the release of an envelope gradually over, say, 16 bars.

Is this possible with what you describe? It does seem to be something that I would imagine is useful to many, and perhaps easy to implement (if it’s not already easily achievable).

2 Likes

+1 sync free lfo
+1 set custom lfo length (like apeggiator)

@sketcherone try playing with slide trigs? Can you combine them with trig conditions to get very long slides?

edit: there is already “sync one” so “sync free” seems better

1 Like

There is SYNC TRIG setting, that resets at the beginning of the track. I’d also like a FIRST SYNC TRIG, triggering the lfo once at the beginning of the pattern, or depending on pattern length (not track length).

The idea is to trigger a single trig once, to start the lfo. Would work with a single sample, a Neighbor track for fx.

With your exemple, you’d use Lfo Designer?
I usually use it for pitch variations, but with Hold setting (cycle synced as Free), random speed.

What you want to achieve is pretty easy with a midi track controlling an audio track pitch with CC16, longer midi track.

2 Likes

The question I have now is, how do you control an audio track with a midi track? I have midi channels assigned to my trig channels (1-8) and I’m assuming CC DIRECT CONNECT needs to be disabled.

I’m looking through the manual and on the forums, but cannot seem to find a straight answer. Or CC16 is not controlling pitch for me…

Nothing particular.
New Project
Midi cable between In/Out
Set a midi track to channel 1 to control track 1.
Set CC16, plock it.
Done

No feedback as long as midi tracks send channels used by audio tracks.

2 Likes

Ahh—so a midi cable is needed? That’s going to require a bit of clever filtering and merging for my setup…

1 Like

Yes, internal routing is a feature request btw!

As I said, no problem if you only use audio tracks channels (1-8) on midi tracks. You can even send back Clock with midi Thru.

5 Likes

No requests in this thread yet for “Direct Jump”?

Would be great to change patterns and maintain step position for all sorts of fun live jamming.

6 Likes

:thinking: If I’m correct you can achieve this by setting the pattern chaining behaviour to 1/16.

Unfortunately not. 2/16 is the shortest option but more importantly the pattern restarts at step 1.

1 Like

Yeah direct jump would be great. I love that feature on my AR.

Dammit. There are some choices they made i really don’t understand.

I’d love it too!

Non ideal workarounds

I could do it with Arranger and trickery. Too complicated.
SPP messages with midi controller? - #35 by sezare56

Another non ideal workaround with DT or DN :
Send program change + restart note (B1/B2). It start patterns directly. Use offsets on patterns shifting them with Fn+arrows according to DT/DN trigs position.

2 Likes

+1

I think I’ve seen it discussed on the forum as “legato mode”.

Edit: here it is

Some sort of crossfading option for loops would be really nice. I was just trying to sample a perfect, continous loop yesterday and it’s impossible.

1 Like

Yes, I’d also like better options.

There is recording fade in and fade out. They can act as crossfade if you record with Pickups, or Flexs set to overdub (I didn’t test with fades). Unfortunately, the fades curves a totally inappropriate for crossfades, and the curve doesn’t change with length accordingly.
It just add sillence if you increase length ! Ridiculous. Use minimum value only.

As usual, there are workarounds with OT, using 2 tracks and 2 recorders, slides on VOL, you can make crossfades. So it’s possible, but not satisfaying.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s like a 100 euro boss looper pedal can do it, why can’t my otherwise perfect 1400 euro sampler? Should be as easy as set crossfader on, press a button to sample and a button to stop and there’s your loop.

How would you set it up with 2 recorders? Recording trig on different steps, sample the same source & resample both samples to a 3rd recorder?

Quite! I don’t like that FOUT adds to total length, struggling to see what scenario would make that desirable.

Still, dependant on material I have managed to get seamless loops on OT, but yeah a bit annoying that in cases it is not always possible.

Yes, I think a few little things would make it as near as damn it.

2 Likes

I really don’t want to have to add a looper pedal or a 404 to my setup just for the simplest thing a sampler should be abled to do, hah.

Workarounds - it is the way :laughing:

Joking aside, probably taking imperfect loops, a bit of mangling using volume/envelope and resampling might yield interesting results - I never tried it but could be worth a punt?