Open Battle #10 Steamy Shellac

do something totally unexpected with one, or some, or all of these:

deadline:

14 Likes

TRAINS : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

TRAINS : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

PASSENGER TRAIN : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

FREIGHT TRAIN : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

1. TRAIN WHISTLE; 2. STEAMBOAT WHISTLE; 3. STEAM ESCAPING : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

ACTUAL SOUND EFFECTS OF TRAIN STARTING, MOVING, WHISTLE BLOWING, PASSING, STEAMING, AND STOPPING : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Locomotive coming to stop, whistling, bell; Locomotive leaving, whistle; Locomotive running slow, whistle : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Train (streamline) coming into station; Train (streamline) leaving station, bell & horn; 3. Train running with horn; Locomotive running (fast) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

So these and only these?

2 Likes

Came here for sexy Steve Albini pics.

Is disappoint.

17 Likes

if i add anything else whatever gets submitted won’t be as unexpected.

1 Like

In the style of then?

STEAM ALBINI!

4 Likes

Made this before I realized that only the provided samples were to be used (kick, snare and hi-hat are not). I’ll leave this here anyway though. Cheers :slight_smile:

10 Likes

who said that!?!?

nice electroid steam beat

1 Like

Oh, nevermind. Must have misinterpreted one of the comments in the thread.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

what’s the deadline for this one?

25 July 1814 is what I read. Need to make a track, and invent a time machine.

6 Likes

oh, missed that one :laughing:

i actually didn’t really see it and it’s right there :man_facepalming: …must be the heat :laughing:

1 Like

:love_you_gesture:

Stephenson later visited a musical instrument maker on Duke Street in Leicester, who on Stephenson’s instructions constructed a ‘Steam Trumpet’ which was tried out in the presence of the board of Directors ten days later.

Stephenson mounted the trumpet on the top of the boiler’s steam dome, which delivers dry steam to the cylinders. The company went on to mount the device on its other locomotives

Locomotive steam trumpets were soon replaced by steam whistles. Air whistles were used on some Diesel and electric locomotives, but these mostly employ air horns.

3 Likes

Im sensing a slight to mild steam engine fetish in this challenge.

4 Likes

Steampunk’s apparently not dead.

2 Likes

I’ve dropped a few steam trumpets round there myself.

4 Likes
4 Likes

13 Likes