Open Battle #10 Steamy Shellac

Banging

1 Like

I decided to use only the shared material for creating all the sounds. First song made with Drambo for me (plus some plugins).
Very appropriately also spotted by accident one steam train rolling backwards today for a ā€œcoverā€ photo.

4 Likes

Superb stuff!

1 Like

Yep. Called it. This is the @waftlord steam fetish thread. Slightly disguised as an open battle thread.

2 Likes

Maybe a friend of Francis Bourgeois.

1 Like

5 days left to drop something mental involving trains, iā€™d like more info on how the original recordings were captured, but itā€™s tough to date 78s from archive. what did a field microphone look like in early 1900s, and what did they record onto?

@Microtribe ā€œchristā€

1 Like

i think thereā€™s a bit of latency thereā€¦MIDI clock not syncing properly :smiley_cat:

1 Like

spoilers/details

Remix/mashup inspired by the original intro:

Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney & Wings - 1976 [HQ] - YouTube

3 Likes

Another amazing find.
This crazy youtube channel!

Ok! I did my best to mangle the shit out of the train sounds with time stretching (E520 Hyperion) and filtering (Rossum Morpheus).

4 Likes

anymore for anymore?

warning: steam powered sexual device content

3 Likes

hereā€™s my take on the Shellac :smiley_cat: was going to add some visuals too but didnā€™t manage to, so not much to see in there. all the sounds are from the supplied recordings except for a pad at the beginning of the track

6 Likes

9 Likes
steam poll

0 voters

a few days then the coal supply is drained

2 Likes

I was interested in, came back home recently, deadline not reached, nevermind. I planned a Risset like stuff.
Were in 1814 already ? :content:

(was scrolling down the list with my thumb and a vote was cast by errorā€¦)

Pretty sure you can remove your vote and correct it.

1 Like

Thanks. Tapping on the one selected doesnā€™t do much. No idea how I can undo that. I was interested in this challenge (not really surprising but I thought itā€™d be a good OT learning experience) but the deadline was too short.

Anyway, Iā€™ll listen to all the submissions and vote for real :slightly_smiling_face: (Sorry if my real vote changes my ghost vote!)