Open Battle #03: ”Collabed”

lovely stuff @korpinen

i’d like to collaborate with someone with an MD and throw a .syx file back and forth for a while.
if you have time and space for a song, patterns (and a few samples if UW user) direct message me with a pattern or two to kick it off.

2 Likes

Great idea ! This will also be a good opportunity to learn about various forms/modes of collaborating.

1 Like

I would love to make something with someone from my region, like @lyingdalai or @sezare56. Maybe some kind of “exquisite corpse” I don’t know

1 Like

Hooray, we’re a-go! Doing not one but two awesome collabs for this!

Honestly, I’ve been wanting to do collabs with numerous people here but for some reason I haven’t had the courage or excuse to ask.

Really hoping everyone who’s into this challenge will find someone to collaborate with!

3 Likes

What a super great idea! Love it!
I’m happy to collaborate and I’m willing to do any style… might be nice to take a break from my turbo ish

1 Like

Any MP3/WAV I post in “Current Sounds Coming From Your Gear” feel free to use. Just you know, give me some credit :upside_down_face:

I’ll try to post WAVs so it’s easier moving forward…

Not sure I have the time to “collab” but if you can use what I post in that thread go for it!

Example if you want to mangle this with an OT or load it up in your AR/DT:

Current sounds coming from your gear - #884 by selfup

1 Like

Yes. I’ll be busy but we can try. We also use other forums like Audiofanzine so it should match the rules! :content:

2 Likes

Are these open battles with just Elektron gear, or any gear?

1 Like

The last one was any gear but I guess it’s up to @korpinen

2 Likes

i’m up to collaborate with anyone interested. my stuff is kind of all over the place, but it might be interesting to try new styles.

3 Likes

Yep, any gear! Can also be/include software. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sounds good!

1 Like

Love this prompt! :heart: :peace_symbol: Looking for a collaborator:

I’d like to offer myself as a performer to a composer. I’ll provide loops from my Matriarch and guitar (and some other instruments). You’ll structure these samples/motifs into a song. We’ll help each other throughout, working together on the idea of the song and possibly mixing & mastering as well.

That’s loosely where I’m at :slight_smile: bringing creative and fun energy to this! Send me a message if that sounds appealing to you, good-looking

2 Likes

Really hoping all you fine people who’ve shown interest find someone to collab with! Really warms my heart that so many people have felt this was something they might want to try.

One of the two collabs I’m involved in has already progressed quite a bit in just two days (the second one is well on its way too) and it’s such a welcome breath of fresh air to be working with other people. Like many here, I think, I’ve been doing a lot of music all by myself… Can certainly recommend this to anyone! :100:

4 Likes

I’ll do a collab with my friend @funkylsk.
Opened to other collabs as well, hit me up!

Edit: ok, I now have two projects, let’s finish them before starting another one ^^

3 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
LOVE THIS!!!

Hankering for the same feeling!

1 Like

I’d be down for this for anyone looking for a partner. May take a bit of discussion as to how to best get it done logistic wise given my general limited computer use. I am willing to give it a try!

3 Likes

If I may: I have done collabs with strangers over Internet 4 times, and it always ended the same, however different the other was: we gathered ideas, and the first with ideas they would find ok would throw the stems to the other, that would crush them to the unrecognizable and assemble them to their own stems, and so on until coherence emerge.

I have found this the most effective, you may of may not follow this workflow, but I just wanted to share my own little experience on this.

7 Likes

This is very good advice! I feel the point in general is to get going right away. Talk is cheap. :smiley:

Even a ”shitty” idea gets the ball rolling.

3 Likes

Anyone in a mood for creating a summer-time Digitone only liveset?
… ambient, dub, tribal, etno, minimal …

I set up a few constraints:

• Digitone only as I really like it to be simple and portable
  • MIDI loopback to add extra modulations and performance control
  • 125 BPM and around
  • One pattern per song and one transition pattern

Collaborator is welcome to the project.
Sysex exchange.
Perform live the full set and record either at a party or some inspirational environment.

2 Likes