Sharing our music for others to use/sample/etc

Been realizing over time that I would be down to let anyone use audio from anything I post on this forum that is synth/sampler related (aka excludes me playing actual instruments).

Give credit of course but otherwise I am pretty much down to let others use what I make to their advantage. If you like it and it inspires you… go for it and tag me or something.

As posted here: Open Battle #03: ”Collabed” - #13 by selfup

I do wonder how me using sample packs works for others to use but I guess it’s my music once I use said samples at the end of the day?

I will not be doing requests. This is purely: “if it works for you cool, if not cool”.

I have been wondering if others feel the same? I don’t do this professionally, I just do it because.

I don’t even save most of my projects. Half of my YouTube videos are the same project just overridden. I am at the point where everything could get wiped and I would be ok with that as long as I have my default samples/sample packs and a few patches I have backed up.

Am i crazy?

Are you crazy enough to do something similar?

Should we just have this thread be a place where people upload music to be used as MP3/WAV files and maybe some patches?

4 Likes

yeah

i don’t personally believe in music ownership in the way that shapes most discussion (and law) relating to music

i still respect how others want there work used…but i give permission for anyone to use ANY of my work however they choose

no need to credit me at all

1 Like

I like this idea. I wouldn’t want everything I share in the current sounds to be up for grabs, but I do wind up with a bunch of stuff that I think sounds pretty cool but probably won’t make its way into a song unless someone else uses it.

So I’m down to throw some stuff up.

2 Likes

@glia Makes sense! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your work and how it can be used.

@Doug All good. We can probably cross-post here or just have this thread be a spot for cherrypicked samples/tunes.

Glad I am not alone in this regard :pray:

2 Likes