OP-1 Discontinued?

Check Ebay prices. It’s going through the roof. How many other synths have had a run like the OP-1? It’s been out for about a decade. I think they are weathering the economic climate well. Of course nothing is guaranteed.

TE are good people. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Told ya, it’s just like Fox News, folks :slight_smile:

(I got the warning/clarification email from TE too)

1 Like
  1. A part that have been end-of-lifed by its manufacturer requiring circuit and/or pcb redesign to work with the replacement part.
  2. They found a way to reduce production and/or assembly cost by changing the fysical design if the device, or the material used.
  3. They wanted to put in a faster processor to add new features or to increase polyphony.

Probably because of ongoing demand and limited/out of the production parts.

1 Like

I just got this email from Teenage Engineering

7 Likes

Dittoooo newer hardware incoming soon

21 bogus bids/the seller himself…?

Re-marketing genius :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Preordered. :rofl:

1 Like

Thought the same. I would imagine it will make the updated price tag easier to swallow too, after all if people are willing to pay a 1000 for a used machine they will certainly pay the same for a brand new one with updated parts.

Nobody will want the old body when it starts again.

thought the same thing, pretty genius move if its what they intended.

1 Like

A mk2 would be cool!

2 Likes

I doubt there will be any perceivable difference between older models and the upcoming one.

Unbelievable…

At least shipping is free.

8 Likes

Idk how many new parts it will get but I love the idea of a refresh. I was seriously thinking to get another one as I sold my previous for whatever reason but miss it honestly.
The price has been too high though. This is great news.
Either older and cheaper or newer and fresh

2 Likes

I am saving up for an mk2, sounds lovely too: TE OP-1 mk2

tldr. whats functionally new with coming OP-1 other than new batch?