OP-1 Discontinued?

A mk2 would be cool!

2 Likes

I doubt there will be any perceivable difference between older models and the upcoming one.

Unbelievable…

At least shipping is free.

8 Likes

Idk how many new parts it will get but I love the idea of a refresh. I was seriously thinking to get another one as I sold my previous for whatever reason but miss it honestly.
The price has been too high though. This is great news.
Either older and cheaper or newer and fresh

2 Likes

I am saving up for an mk2, sounds lovely too: TE OP-1 mk2

tldr. whats functionally new with coming OP-1 other than new batch?

It doesn’t sound like there will be new functionality or a different appearance. More like some internal redesign to cope with the fact that they cannot source some parts anymore.

1 Like

ok like they stated in that mail. i was afraid of missing out here :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure. Their are several ‘weak’ parts in the OP-1 that many users had to return to base. Including the jack. If there is a remodelling i hope they fix these things with stronger parts.

I still see them for sale at Uber price, I feel sad for the sellers :tired_face:

yeah, lost some buttons, sometimes one get’s stuck, my speaker broke years ago, and it is actually a pretty noisy output! Luckily I paid only 550euros 2nd hand, it was only 6months old! But I do love the sounds, and the beautiful screen

I really hope they make a big version of it (like AK) but with multiple screens, ribbons to control the tape etc, joystickmorphing, more cc’s, bigger management of sounds, tapetracks,…

Seems like it finally really is discontinued now.