Octatrack OS update wishlist

I would love to see midi mute controlled by the scene crossfader.

DITTO!!! i was kind of in shock when i got my octatrack that it didnā€™t have any polyphonic modes.
It seems like ram or CPU would not be an issue with this request.
Please make this one happen!!!

i wish i could send a track to master track (fx track) and not all if we want to!!!like rytm you send any track you want : (

See this thread for some ideas about effect sends, e.g. using the cue outs as your master output and then using the main outs as a send control for the master track. You can then use two FX blocks on each track and optionally add master reverb / delay using a send model.
Of course itā€™d still be nice to have this as a proper software option.

two or three more options in the system/personalize menu:

switch function+track key combination behaviour:

pressing track button mutes/unmutes track
pressing function + track button focuses track
pressing function + double tap track enters machine selection

pattern change button on/off behaviour:

pressing pattern button switches on pattern selection
pressing pattern button again or select a pattern switches off that function

alternative: when pressin pattern button introduce a function in personalize menu to expand the amount of time you have to choose the next pattern

i hope these update wishes are realistic to realise. that would avoid a lot of finger/hand-stretching stunts iĀ“ve seen in youtube videos or watching myself operating the OT.

Those finger-stretch stunts do make you look cool, tho.

• The name of the current project in memory should be shown on the OTā€™s screen.

• Improve the ā€œpurge samplesā€ function : it doesnā€™t work correctly. Not all unused samples are purged with this function.

• Improve the one shot trig function: when 2 or more one shot trigs are set in a pattern, they are supposed to be trigged in order of appearance after pressing ā€œenterā€. It doesnā€™t seem to work properly (or itā€™s the manual that is badly written. Anyway: I donā€™t really understand how this works).

• Improve ram memory of the OT: sometimes, when one uses a lot of p-locks on all tracks, it seems that the OT is near by running out of memory and behave strangely (some levels donā€™t work properly, and even if the amp level is set by p-lock, you have to move a little the knob to ear the sound of the sample).

Parts to send / receive Midi CC# :zonked:

Global delay compensation, and/or individual track delays.

Quick tags for naming samples when saving all. Just stuff like ā€œBassā€ or ā€œDrums.ā€ Would avoid a great deal of frustrating typing.

1 Like

Like this? From the manual p. 104:

I thought of a new one recently in working on Science Lab / Mission stuff. It would be cool if Pitch Bend and Mod Wheel from an external controller would affect the Audio tracks on the OT somehow.

Maybe controlling pitch and scene for only that track? Rate and retrig? Customizable?

take some features from the Digitaktā€¦

• level meter on the screen during sampling /maybe with threshold
  • option to automatic normalize the recorded samples
  • mix page to see all the levels of the tracks
  • filter and overdrive of the Digitakt
  • easier jump to musical parameters (1/4, 1/8ā€¦) on values for delay, retrigger, LFO speed
  • ask for copying samples they are not in the project folder during saving
  • all tracks parameter change like on the Digitakt and quick reload
  • automatic assigning of the recording file of a track, if you start a quick recording (track + rec) on a track
  • trigger a midi note on the steps buttons (just for checking purpose) like for audio tracks
  • external insert fx in a track (for external devices) using the CUE out and inputs
  • possibility of holding down more then on step buttons to change parameters on more then one notes at the time
2 Likes

just a couple of ideas ā€¦ maybe implementable in a future v2 ot if there were ever to be such a thing in five years or so ā€¦

retrig parameters for midi

midi delay effect

also maybe a fine centi tunable midi pitch glide effect

recordable external midi input for Slot Mode ā€¦ recording incoming midi pitch/note, pressure and length.

on the idea of a v2 ot in five years ā€¦ a mini-set of super rubbery trig pads, 8 of them

INTERNAL MIDI LOOPBACK

please consider a setup option that allows routing MIDI tracks into Audio tracks - without an external cable connection

1 Like

Like a ā€œrenderā€ or ā€œfreezeā€ function?

Have a few things id like on my mind atm

• Copy Paste of Patterns on the fly without the silence and without having to change patterns
    -an official octatrack files/patterns manager like octaedit made by the guys with more features and flexibility including the ability to copy paste tracks scenes parts and to create sample chains.
    -Trig conditions
    -slice to transients
    -preview of a trig when the sequencer is stopped. (maybe with trig+yes?) handy to check how the paramlockd step sounds.
  • hope theres a +drive hidden in here for digitakt style ram.?! :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes

I keep reading about people patching the MIDI out of the OT, back into the MIDI input of the OT. What about a machine that works like the ā€œNeighborā€ for MIDI?

1 Like

i dont think it needs to be a full-on machineā€¦ it could be a setup parameter on the MIDI track pageā€¦ just like the selection for ā€œMIDI Channelā€ā€¦ have one for ā€œAudio Trackā€ as well

2 Likes

THIS!

I am able to consistently make pickup machines click without anything plugged in to the inputs, no inputs selected and the noise gate threshold in record set up cranked up into the -40db range (i.e. it clicks even when you are recording digital black, verified by analyzing the recorded files). Completely uncontrollable (it doesnā€™t happen every time but it happens about 1 in 3 times and once it has happened once it happens every time until I reload the project or start a new one, sometimes I have to actually power cycle the whole OT) and makes them useless.

Literally the only major complaint I have with the OT. I know there are other known bugs but I rarely encounter them and can work around them. At this point, if the pickup machines stop clicking I can overlook everything else.