How to create a "send/aux track"?

Hi !
I’d like to create an aux track to use the for reverberation, but I don’t understand if this thing is possible.
The only way I’ve found is to use a jack to connect the cue out to the input c-d and use the cue levels as aux sends…
Is not possible to do something like that via software?

that’s basically that - you set your track to the cue output, connect cue to your reverb and then back to one of OT’s input pairs from the reverb.
this way however you’re sacrificing the cue and an input pair and 4 cables :slight_smile:

And two tracks of the eight audio tracks, don’t you?

I think you can also use a track recorder and flex machine for this since cue is one of the available internal sampling sources.

This may introduce a small delay but it won’t be as noticeable with a reverb or delay effect. Also it only uses one track and doesn’t take up any inputs.

1 Like

i’ve experimented with a way to do it internally. basically you use the cue out as if it were the main, and then, with T8 set as master, you can use each track’s main level as a send. you can also use scenes for ‘send’ level with this method. not ideal, but it works if you need it.

1 Like

And two tracks of the eight audio tracks, don’t you?

actually all you need is one track - for playback. you can record the processed sound to the same track’s recording buffer and audition it live by using the DIR parameter in the mixer.

i’ve experimented with a way to do it internally. basically you use the cue out as if it were the main, and then, with T8 set as master, you can use each track’s main level as a send. you can also use scenes for ‘send’ level with this method. not ideal, but it works if you need it.

well yeah, but it kinda defeats the purpose if you do the whole thing internally. then you might as well use one of the three built-in reverbs. if i remember right, all three have a dry/wet parameter, so no need to mess with cues.

i may be mistaken, and francesco can speak for himself, but my interpretation of the original question was that he’s looking for a way to send multiple tracks to the same internal reverb. otherwise it would just be an insert.

if that’s what you’re after (are you, Francesco?) then i’d recommend either applying the exact same reverb to all channels involved (it’s faster than you might think since you can copy/paste pages) or - if you want to reverberate eeeeeverything - use T8 as a master track and put a reverb on it.

rhizome got what I was looking for.
OT has only 2 fx for trak so if I want just an’aux send (for reverb) I’d like to use 1 trak for reverb with sends levels from the other tracks , and use the efx in the tracks for filters and delay.
As I don’t want my kick with a reverb , I cannot use reverb on the master trak.
Using a reverb per trak is quite annoying and limits the use of other efx…
I’ll try the internal input routing of the cue.
I think could be useful a new “aux machine” from elektron as update for the OT.

2 Likes